Subtitle Addon Selection
Hi,
I found a bug in eden/frodo with confluence when using multiple subtitle addons:
The addon selection only appears once - After that, you dont have the chance to use any other addon...
A workaround for this is to remove:
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.SubtitleScript_Path">script.xbmc.subtitles</setting>
from the guisettings.xml. Afer removing this, the selection appears again.
But when you want to use multiple addons, this is really annoying...

EDIT:
Forget this! Wink
Before, I never used subtitle addons. I thought, it would be better to always show the selection.
But after really using the feature, I realized that it is absolutely fine as it is! Smile

greetings,
asde

(2013-02-19, 15:15)ronie Wrote: there's no bug... nor a need to manually edit guisettings.

you can select a lyrics / subtitles addon as often as your heart desires in skin settings:
settings > appearance > skin > - settings > addons
it really is a skin issue, not subtitle addon issue

(signature removed as you are breaking the forum rules)
(2013-02-19, 09:23)amet Wrote: it really is a skin issue, not subtitle addon issue
Ok, I hope this will be fixed...

(2013-02-19, 09:23)amet Wrote: (signature removed as you are breaking the forum rules)
Sorry, I didnt know a donation-link is not allowed. I added it one or two weeks ago.
Is it directly allowed in the thread messages, but not in signatures? Because I have seen this also in other threads...
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Forum_rules

and if you see others break it, let us know ...
(2013-02-19, 09:51)amet Wrote: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Forum_rules
Thanks! I must admit, I havent fully read it...

(2013-02-19, 09:51)amet Wrote: and if you see others break it, let us know ...
Sure Wink
Going back to the issue in the subject... I don't even think that's a bug, but the intended functionality. I didn't even know there were more than one subtitles add-ons (given that XBMC subtitles allows adding services easily and you do can change those on the fly).

Anyway, as amet said, this is more a question for the skin people.
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

Yes, maybe they did it this way because there wasnt really other sub addons available.
Strange, because you can choose between different addons, but only once...
(2013-02-19, 10:35)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Strange, because you can choose between different addons, but only once...

Again it will be best to ask them, but I don't see it as strange if you think of it as a "Select Default add-on Window". I see it as a help to avoid telling you "No subtitles add-on configured, please go to system config and select one".

The same behavior can be found in lyrics selection. You select your preferred lyrics add-on and then it never asks again.
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

there's no bug... nor a need to manually edit guisettings.

you can select a lyrics / subtitles addon as often as your heart desires in skin settings:
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-02-19, 15:15)ronie Wrote: there's no bug... nor a need to manually edit guisettings.

Thanks! Smile

When using multiple addons its a bit inconvenient to always switch them via the settings.

Of course, if only one addon is installed it totally make sense to automatically run it. Else, the selection menu would be useful.
A setting "Always show selection" would be nice! So the user could decide...
(2013-02-19, 18:36)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: When using multiple addons its a bit inconvenient to always switch them via the settings.

Of course, if only one addon is installed it totally make sense to automatically run it. Else, the selection menu would be useful.
A setting "Always show selection" would be nice! So the user could decide...
Forget this! Wink
Before, I never used subtitle addons. I thought, it would be better to always show the selection.
But after really using the feature, I realized that it is absolutely fine as it is! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle Addon Selection0