Linux Mythbuntu+XBMC = No Recording help!
Running most current MythBuntu with XBMC and I for the life of me cannot get anything to record. I currently have HDHomerun Prime running and all channels are coming in that I subscribe to.
Not sure If I have to have a PCI tuner card in my PC but I was under the assumption the HDomerun would work.

Is there a particular setup I need to do?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Do you have both the MythTV frontend and XBMC installed? Can the MythTV frontend communicate with the backend? There is a password (and maybe some other things) that needs to be set in XBMC's PVR plugin, and if you have the MythTV frontend installed and it works, you can copy the required settings from there - again, the main thing is to make sure the password matches.

I haven't been using this stuff long enough to tell you how to discover the password if you don't have the MythTV frontend installed - I'm sure there's a way to do it (and in fact, I'd like to know how) but I do know that if the password doesn't match the one that the MythTV backend expects, it won't work. However if everything else works and it's only recording that doesn't work, that might be a problem in the PVR plugin.

I've had enough issues that when I want to use MythTV I exit XBMC altogether and just use the MythTV frontend. It seems to work better than XBMC (sorry to say, because I like XBMC's interface much better). I just keep in mind that the PVR capability is brand new in XBMC and will hopefully be improved upon as time goes by.

Also, I can't speak about the HDHomeRun Prime, but I have no issues using the HDHomeRun Dual with MythTV.
Thank you for your response.
I have tried just the MythTV Frontend and that will not record either so there has to be something I'm missing. I do not get an error when I click the record button it does absolutely nothing.
Have you set up the backend?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
As much as I know its set up. I did go through and see if there is anything I missed but not 100% sure
I mean mythtv-setup, defining tuners, defining video source etc. It is here

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:MythTV_structure

also mythtv generates logs. use them. post them.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mythbuntu+XBMC = No Recording help!0