Hide video add ons links for specific user profile
Hi all,

On the homescreen (confluence skin) in Frodo, I'm trying to hide the "add ons" link under 'Videos'.
I know that this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <virtualshares>false</virtualshares>
</advancedsettings>

can be added to advancedsettings.xml in the userdata folder, but how do I hide the video add ons link for a specific user?
I've tried adding advancedsettings.xml to Userdata\profiles\profilename but the add ons link is still there.

When I created the profile, I set for everything to start afresh, rather than copy from the master profile, so I'm surprised all the video add ons are installed/enabled in the profile at all. So if they have to be brought in from the master profile, I though I would at least be able to remove the add ons links for that user profile.

Where am I going wrong?
The virtualshares setting won't do anything to either hide the "Video Add-ons" submenu item (under VIDEOS) or prevent access to add-ons installed on your system. For the former, you'll probably need to modify the skin, but then the skin will be changed for every profile that uses the same skin. Not sure how you would prevent a particular profile from accessing an installed add-on.
Thanks for the reply, artrafael.
Think I've found some sort of solution. I went into the profile that needs the addons hiding, went into system > settings > addons > video addons and disabled them all.
Then I went into the master profile and set the addon manager and settings to locked.

I can still get to the video addons in the profile, but the list is empty, so thats good enough for me Smile
Oh, cool! I didn't realize you can disable add-ons by profile. Thanks for the tip and glad you found a solution for your requirement.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide video add ons links for specific user profile0