How to disable ratings display?
How do I disable display of user ratings in movies and TV shows? I'm not interested in how strangers have rated them, and it clutters up the views.
I think you would have to manually edit and remove the instances of "ListItem.RatingAndVotes" from the xml files (In either the view type or variables.xml file)
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
I deleted all instances of $INFO[ListItem.RatingAndVotes] under AppData/Roaming/XMBC/addons/skin.aeon.nox , but the ratings still show up. Which file should I edit?
$INFO[ListItem.Rating], too.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2013-03-28, 17:25)phil65 Wrote: $INFO[ListItem.Rating], too.

I also deleted them, the ratings still show up on TV show listings and when viewing movie detail Confused
I think you should look for $INFO[VideoPlayer.Rating] and $INFO[VideoPlayer.RatingAndVotes] as well. And when you do a search, better not enter the "$INFO[...]" part, just the infolabel, e.g. search for "VideoPlayer.RatingAndVotes".
(2013-03-29, 16:12)CutSickAss Wrote: I think you should look for $INFO[VideoPlayer.Rating] and $INFO[VideoPlayer.RatingAndVotes] as well. And when you do a search, better not enter the "$INFO[...]" part, just the infolabel, e.g. search for "VideoPlayer.RatingAndVotes".

String "VideoPlayer.Rating" is not found in variables.xml.
They're in includes.xml and DialogFullScreenInfo.xml, just two more places where ratings appear.
Still doesn't work Sad

Thus far I've deleted all instances of "ListItem.Rating" and "ListItem.RatingAndVotes" from variables.xml, and "VideoPlayer.Rating" from both includes.xml and DialogFullScreenInfo.xml, all in aeon.nox fold under .../Roaming/XBMC/addons/skin.aeon.nox

Any further tips?
- Download Windows Grep.
- Right click on the 1080i folder and select "Windows Grep".
- Under "Search string" enter "listitem.rating" (without the quotes), select "Quick (No regular expressions)", and press OK.
- This will produce all the files that contain the strings "ListItem.Rating" and "ListItem.RatingAndVotes". Open them one by one and remove the ratings.
- Repeat for string "VideoPlayer.Rating".

I'm sorry, but there is no one file you can edit and automatically remove the ratings globally. Ratings are used in several different occasions, and if you want all of them removed, you'll have to do it by hand. Just remember, all the changes you make in the code will be lost after a skin update.

P.S.: I'm sure you would like to ask phil or BN to add an option in the skin that disables the ratings... I can't speak for either of them, but I bet they wouldn't even consider it, not only because most users like the ratings, but because IMO it makes little sense showing all sorts of information about a movie, and leaving out the user rating.
(2013-03-30, 14:19)CutSickAss Wrote: I'm sorry, but there is no one file you can edit and automatically remove the ratings globally. Ratings are used in several different occasions, and if you want all of them removed, you'll have to do it by hand. Just remember, all the changes you make in the code will be lost after a skin update.

Yeah, it's just too much work with uncertain results. I'll just have to live with the ratings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to disable ratings display?0