• 10(current)
Cinema Experience Slides & Trivia
(2013-08-02, 21:58)DaSingh Wrote: Slight issue I have set to point to Trivia folder but when I know click Cinema nothing happens, could it still be scanning or is something wrong?

It is also set to slides instead of movie quiz does that make any difference?

Did you try changing the 'default' folder as I suggested in my previous post?
(2013-08-04, 17:36)Havoc443 Wrote:
(2013-08-02, 21:58)DaSingh Wrote: Slight issue I have set to point to Trivia folder but when I know click Cinema nothing happens, could it still be scanning or is something wrong?

I'm having this same problem... Just switched to XBMC from plex for this script. The issue i'm having (and maybe its because im on a mac) is that I can't find the directory that you had said the default folder was in.
(2013-08-04, 21:44)mew0717 Wrote:
(2013-08-04, 17:36)Havoc443 Wrote:

I'm having this same problem... Just switched to XBMC from plex for this script. The issue i'm having (and maybe its because im on a mac) is that I can't find the directory that you had said the default folder was in.

I'm not sure if the file structure changes at all on a mac but I wouldn't think so. Make sure you have enabled "display hidden files and folders" or whatever the equivalent setting is for mac and it should be in Storage --> .xbmc --> addons --> script.cinema.experience --> resources --> skins ...and the folder will be named default, change to Default
Just changed the folder name I thought I did it earlier but it was still lower case when I just checked.
[R] Renamed: "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/skins/default" ->
"/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/skins/Default".
Now working simple change resolved issue now to add decent music.
I'm interested in donating my time to help you complete this project. Looks like you have a quite a few categories of slides to complete. I have 3 years experience creating trivia slides. Though I use paint.net and not Adobe. If your interested send me a PM. You can check out some of my work at....

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1424484/ht-sli...426-slides
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...
The Leitmotif(SlideVision)guy
CinemaVision
Long overdue update! I decided to release the Movie Trivia set unfinished, partially because I'm about sick of fixing trivia slides. I'll finish the Movie Trivia set later, but for now I'll be moving on to something else in an effort to continue rolling forward with new content.

(2013-08-06, 01:48)gamephoeoenix Wrote: I'm interested in donating my time to help you complete this project. Looks like you have a quite a few categories of slides to complete. I have 3 years experience creating trivia slides. Though I use paint.net and not Adobe. If your interested send me a PM. You can check out some of my work at....

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1424484/ht-sli...426-slides

I could absolutely use some help sorting through all of the Actor/Director/Franchise data and putting it in workable spreadsheets for processing. That's the next big job. I still have movie posters to download for the Copycats, Mockbusters and Movie Facts sets, as well as some of their data. I've got all of the templates ready to go (with the exception of individual franchises). Believe me when I say that none of this is actually the fun part (creating the slides and auditing them). If you're still interested, let me know.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Yup absolutely any way i can help. I burn through a lot of trivia slides hosting HT parties. That's the main reason why I started making them. At the time no one was releasing new content so I decided to fill the gap. Now there are a few like yourself & JTHREE making quality slides again Smile
CinemaVision
(2013-08-09, 16:17)gamephoeoenix Wrote: Yup absolutely any way i can help. I burn through a lot of trivia slides hosting HT parties. That's the main reason why I started making them. At the time no one was releasing new content so I decided to fill the gap. Now there are a few like yourself & JTHREE making quality slides again Smile

Quality slides eh? Smile I appreciate the kind words!

I'll try to put some of that stuff together this weekend and host it somewhere for ya. I'm going to try to finish the Copycats set this next week. I'm about half way there.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2013-08-04, 22:01)Havoc443 Wrote:
(2013-08-04, 21:44)mew0717 Wrote:
(2013-08-04, 17:36)Havoc443 Wrote: Did you try changing the 'default' folder as I suggested in my previous post?

I'm not sure if the file structure changes at all on a mac but I wouldn't think so. Make sure you have enabled "display hidden files and folders" or whatever the equivalent setting is for mac and it should be in Storage --> .xbmc --> addons --> script.cinema.experience --> resources --> skins ...and the folder will be named default, change to Default

update: I think i found the folder on osx, but when i changed default to Default it still wouldn't play the trivia. Any other ideas?

/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/skins
(2013-08-09, 16:17)gamephoeoenix Wrote: Yup absolutely any way i can help. I burn through a lot of trivia slides hosting HT parties. That's the main reason why I started making them. At the time no one was releasing new content so I decided to fill the gap. Now there are a few like yourself & JTHREE making quality slides again Smile

I sent you the data yesterday, let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

(2013-08-11, 04:38)mew0717 Wrote:
(2013-08-04, 22:01)Havoc443 Wrote:
(2013-08-04, 21:44)mew0717 Wrote: I'm having this same problem... Just switched to XBMC from plex for this script. The issue i'm having (and maybe its because im on a mac) is that I can't find the directory that you had said the default folder was in.

update: I think i found the folder on osx, but when i changed default to Default it still wouldn't play the trivia. Any other ideas?

/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/skins

Can't remember if you said you sorted this already but did you ensure that you're pointing CE to the correct 'Trivia' folder? Reference the below post from earlier and make sure the file structure is the same. Also make sure your slides.xml file is set-up correctly for the slides you're using. If that still doesn't work, put XBMC into debug mode, restart the system, try and run the CE script and after it crashes when it tries to start the trivia, post your log.

(2013-08-02, 18:03)Havoc443 Wrote:
(2013-08-02, 11:43)DaSingh Wrote: Downloaded slide packs and put them in following location
./home/Cinema/Triva/Q&A
./home/Cinema/Triva/Slides

but cant get the slides to work I kept them in the folder I downloaded so in Slides folder theres Blockbusters folder and in Q&A I have Actor Scramble, Frame by Frame and Guess Who

in the Triva setup I pointed CE to ./home/Cinema/Triva/Q&A and ./home/Cinema/Triva/Slides nothing loaded just skipped it altogether so then tried ./home/Cinema/Triva/Q&A/Frame by Frame, which didn't work the slides.xml is there then tried ./home/Cinema/Triva/Slides/Blockbusters but nothing.

are all the files just meant to be in Q&A or Slides without the subfolders?

Not sure what you've tried so far but here are the steps I took that worked for me when I was having the same issue...
As RagnaroktA already said, make sure CE points to the Trivia folder. It will scan your Q&A and Stills folders recursively so it's fine to have the slide folders within the Q&A folder. For example if you were using the actor scramble pack you would have:

Trivia ---> Q&A --> Actor Scramble --> individual slides w/ slides.xml file

The slides.xml file goes in each folder that contains your slides (one for Actor Scramble, one for Guess Who, etc.) and you have to make sure that your xml file is accurate to the slides you are using. Just to make sure its not an MPAA restriction issue, set the rating in the xml file to "G" to ensure it is used regardless. Then check the naming structure listed in the file and compare it to the slides you're using. Make sure the extension is correct ( .jpg .png .etc) and assuming you're using standard a/b slides you need to adjust the naming structure in slides.xml to match the files so if the files read something like slide01_a / slide01_b, the xml file should read question format=".+_a.jpg" / answer format=".+_b.jpg" ...if your xml file looks like this but your slides don't have the underscore, CE won't read them properly. Here is the correct slides.xml file for the actor scramble pack:

Code:
<slides>
    <slide>
        <slide rating="G">
        <question format=".+_a.jpg" />
        <clue format="N/A" />
        <answer format=".+_b.jpg" />
    </slide>
</slides>

Assuming that's correct, CE was crashing for me still but giftie steered me in the right direction:

(2013-07-31, 06:44)Havoc443 Wrote:
(2013-07-28, 18:39)giftie Wrote: The folder path is...
Code:
~/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/skins

Yeah I got my head out of my ass and figured out the answer to my stupid question, lol. Thanks for the help though!

Cheers!

So navigate to ~/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/skins and change the folder default to Default:

cd ~/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/skins
ls
make sure the the folder 'default' is there
mv default Default
ls
ensure folder is now name Default

Then do a proper reboot and see if that works (as it did for me).
Hope this helps!
I sent you the data yesterday, let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
[/quote]

Alright man I'll take a look at it tonight. I had some killer problems at work last night so didn't have a chance to look at it. That's where I usually get my best work done at Smile
CinemaVision
(2013-08-13, 21:15)gamephoeoenix Wrote: Alright man I'll take a look at it tonight. I had some killer problems at work last night so didn't have a chance to look at it. That's where I usually get my best work done at Smile

No worries at all. Holler at me if you have any questions or anything, I'm around.

Hey RagnaroktA,
I may be able to help out as well things are bit less crazy at work than normal. Send me a PM with what you need help with and I'll do my best.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cinema Experience Slides & Trivia3