• 11(current)
Cinema Experience Slides & Trivia
(2013-08-14, 17:21)mcorcoran Wrote: Hey RagnaroktA,
I may be able to help out as well things are bit less crazy at work than normal. Send me a PM with what you need help with and I'll do my best.

You've been a damn big help already with all the trivia data mining, and I really - really appreciate it. That said, if you want to help, there's plenty to do.

I haven't I haven't done anything for the Blunders set yet. All I've done there is dream it up. My concept features a screenshot from the movie containing blunder with information about the blunder (i.e. crew visible, cell phone on set, etc.) on the Q slide. The A slide could have the movie's title, and other information about the movie or blunder. I'm totally open to suggestion. I haven't even really looked any of these up yet, and I'm not sure where to find them. I'd like this to be a relatively large set. Maybe around 300 movies or so.

I haven't done any of the data mining for the Movie Facts set yet. Only thing I have is a template and an empty Excel spreadsheet. I still need to pick all the movies to include in it. The set will need: Around 300 movies past to present, a good quality movie poster for each movie, and an interesting blurb about that movie.

There's also the Mockbusters set. I have a template (similar to Copycats) but I don't have the data or movie posters. Here are a few examples. I'm thinking Snakes on a Plane vs Snakes on a Train. Transformers vs Transmorphers, etc.

Let me know what you're interested in working on and I'll send you what I have for that. Again, I really appreciate your help.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Where were you thinking of pulling the data for the Blunders set? I could try and scrape the data from here http://www.moviemistakes.com/best.php with images, however the images are water marked and often say the name of the movie right on them so it would take some work to clean them up. Maybe we just show blunder without an answer slide? I'm not sure of any other resources for that information that has so much data.

As for the movie facts I can easily make a scraper that hit's IMDB for their trivia page and pulls that information. If we need a list of movies I can just pull from some user created lists (http://www.imdb.com/list/exE7rahZopA/ for example) That's how I got the names/pictures for the actor scramble and the guess who slides.
I think I can get rid of the watermarks pretty easily, so don't worry about that. I like the idea of grabbing them from that site though. We could certainly just do a single slide for the blunders set, but we'd need to compensate by creating more of them so they show up more often when playing the trivia.

As far as the Movie Facts set goes, that sounds great to me. I really appreciate you pulling down all of this data. Just that part of the project would take years without your help.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Ok I'll get started it on it this afternoon, might take me a couple days depending on the work load I have in the office. Do you have an excel format you want the data in or should I just make one up?
Update: I've just released the Copycats set for both the Aeon Nox and Vibrant packs. Check it out, and let me know what you all think.

The 2nd post in this thread says to go to this central web site:
https://sites.google.com/site/ceslidestr...n-nox-pack

But there isn't anything listed there?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-08-22, 16:53)CaptainKen Wrote: The 2nd post in this thread says to go to this central web site:

direct link for you
https://sites.google.com/site/ceslidestr...s/copycats
(2013-08-22, 16:53)CaptainKen Wrote: The 2nd post in this thread says to go to this central web site:

It should be pointing you to the Home page of that website. You'll want to look under the Sets menu item for each set. The Packs menu item is where I will list the different slide packs, and show them off so people can see each set side by side or in video form.

(2013-08-22, 18:08)RagnaroktA Wrote:

It should be pointing you to the Home page of that website. You'll want to look under the Sets menu item for each set. The Packs menu item is where I will list the different slide packs, and show them off so people can see each set side by side or in video form.

Thanks guys, that was my problem I was looking at Packs instead of Sets. I had also tried clicking on the Set's link, rather than hovering over it, so that displays a blank page which further complicated it.
(2013-08-22, 21:04)CaptainKen Wrote: Thanks guys, that was my problem I was looking at Packs instead of Sets. I had also tried clicking on the Set's link, rather than hovering over it, so that displays a blank page which further complicated it.

Yeah. Unfortunately Google Sites doesn't have the ability to make a placeholder menu item - it has to point to a page. I've put some text on both the Packs and Sets pages now that will direct you to the right place, so that should be less confusing. I also added a bit of a key describing where to find what on the Home page.

(2013-08-22, 23:41)RagnaroktA Wrote:
(2013-08-22, 21:04)CaptainKen Wrote: Thanks guys, that was my problem I was looking at Packs instead of Sets. I had also tried clicking on the Set's link, rather than hovering over it, so that displays a blank page which further complicated it.

Yeah. Unfortunately Google Sites doesn't have the ability to make a placeholder menu item - it has to point to a page. I've put some text on both the Packs and Sets pages now that will direct you to the right place, so that should be less confusing. I also added a bit of a key describing where to find what on the Home page.

Good idea!

BTW, looks like you just copied text from Sets page to Packs, and forgot to change the last word from "Sets" to "Packs".

Quote:Hover over the menu item to see the different sets.
(2013-08-23, 07:37)CaptainKen Wrote: Good idea!

BTW, looks like you just copied text from Sets page to Packs, and forgot to change the last word from "Sets" to "Packs".

Hover over the menu item to see the different sets.

Good catch. I was trying to haul out of work when I made the change. It's fixed now.

The intro videos have all been re-rendered in Full HD 1080p (1920x1080) resolution. I'm thinking about doing another set of videos as well. Anyone want to see that? If so, give me some general ideas about what you want to see.

Yeah! More videos would be cool!

Perhaps some more "coming soon" and "Feature Psentation" videos..

Also a complete video conatining some phrases:
- welcome
- to a movie experience
- you've never seen before...
- 1080p full HD
- HD audio!
- Enjoy the show!

I love your videos.. Only get rid of the "xbmc media center" words...
Here's a little teaser of a video I've been working on...

Let me know your thoughts. I think I'm going to break it up into sections and add a few choice scenes from popular films, and of course, music and sound effects.

• 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cinema Experience Slides & Trivia3