Win Is there a default plugin/scraper that retrieves artist art?
All my artists have a blank photo. Is there a plugin that's installed in the default setup that grabs this, or must one download an additional scraper for this? All album art is embedded as ID3 tags, so they appear correctly, but how does one grab artist art?
Install addon for artist information.
Thanks for the reply. I have the "universal artist plugin" (default plugin?) with all of its features enabled including info and artwork. Is there a context command that is required somewhere in the menus to fetch the artist art from its sources? This seems like a relatively simply task, but I have no idea where to look. It seems I have the correct plugin, so I'm at a loss.

I also have a plugin listed in the "programs" section called "artwork downloader". Was this installed by default, or had I downloaded this plugin myself sometime back? I'm wondering if these plugins are conflicting with one another?
I'm wondering if these plugins are conflicting with one another?Image
Hi, I have same problem, all my artists have "blank photo" on Frodo... I have installed some plugins for fetch that info, but... it doesn't work.
I found little "way" to accomplish that but it's good for one artist not 200-300...

When i change plugin for artist info on selected artist and then I choose "grab info for ALL artists" this one artist will have photo and info... all others don't

on previous version of xbmc this issue does not occur
I have the same problem.

I've recently updated to Frodo and when I did it wiped all my album and artist artwork, so I've had to do it all again. The album artwork is relatively simple as it recognized alot of that, but my artist info remains blank, even though I have downloaded and run the artist artwork add-ins. I just can't believe that it doesn't recognize all my artists!
btw. my structure of library

Music
-----FLAC
----------Artists
---------------Albums
--------------------Files.flac
-----MP3
----------Artists
---------------Albums
--------------------Files.mp3
no one knows?
I ran into the same problem. If you just upgraded from a Beta or RC, you might want to rescrape the entire library or you might even need to Uninstall XBMC all together and install a FRESH and CLEAN Frodo. Delete all user data on the uninstall. Yes its a lot of work, but the end result is what you're looking for. If you do not install a fresh version of Frodo, I had to remove the library source and start over from scratch and it fixed my issue. If you've already done that, then I would suggest that you get a program like Media Monkey and Clean tags and then resync the same under the advanced menu. If you are not familiar with Media Monkey I will go into further detail

Import your music into Media Monkey by File\ Add/Rescan files to Library
Once your music is imported, click on Tools\Advanced Tag Management\Clean ID3v1 and v2 tags
Once that is done, click on Tools\Advanced Tag Management\Synchronize Tags

Sometimes this helps when a song does not scan into XBMCs Library

Not sure if these steps will help you, but it is what I did to get all of my music done
"Uninstall XBMC all together and install a FRESH and CLEAN Frodo. Delete all user data on the uninstall."

I have "fresh" install of Frodo, when I upgrade from Eden, my library was "fucked" up. ("Movies" looked for strange "ghost" movies)
I tried adding whole library twice (with different artist scrappers)
bump

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a default plugin/scraper that retrieves artist art?0