Video Settings during video playback
Hi there,

I'm wondering if I'm just missing something, but one feature I loved in Confluence is that during the playing of a video, I can bring up the on screen display (OSD), and navigate to the right to access the Video Settings. In the Video settings I can adjust the zoom rate, as well as "crop black bars". It is valuable to do this while the video is playing such that you can see how the changes you're making are affecting the particular video you are watching.

I am unable to find the same feature in Transparency. The OSD in Transparency only shows bookmarks and subtitles on the right hand side. Perhaps I'm just not seeing it. I am running XBMC V.11.

Thanks so much,
Cal.

Nevermind...found that by disabling Kiosk mode I got the options I was missing. What does Kiosk mode do asides from remove options from the OSD?

Thanks,
Cal.
kiosk mode removes all 'settings related' buttons from the skin.

it's useful when you use xbmc in public places and want to prevent people from messing with the settings.

or if you want to prevent other family members / kids from altering your settings.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I know the video settings is accessed with the m key, is there any way to get to it from a remote?
(2013-02-22, 04:49)mrgrossm Wrote: I know the video settings is accessed with the m key, is there any way to get to it from a remote?

looking at the default remote keymap, any of these buttons should do the trick:
<menu>OSD</menu>
<start>OSD</start>
<select>OSD</select>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-02-20, 23:11)ronie Wrote: kiosk mode removes all 'settings related' buttons from the skin.

it's useful when you use xbmc in public places and want to prevent people from messing with the settings.

or if you want to prevent other family members / kids from altering your settings.
Well never knew that Confused you learn something new evey dayLaugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Settings during video playback0