[RELEASE] Netwalk Game Add-on
Hi,

after developing WhatTheMovie, I wanted to do another XBMC Game add-on (only written in Python). I decided to develop the Puzzle-Game "Netwalk" for XBMC.

Here is a small demo video of the gameplay:

Rules/Goal
For people who don't know Netwalk, here is a quick summary:
To win, you need to connect all terminals to the server by rotating tiles.
  • There are three different kinds of tiles: The server, terminals and wires
  • There is only one server (it can have more than one connection though)
  • There is only ONE solution for each puzzle
  • The grid is infinite (a connection to the right end connects to the left end)
  • You can turn (and have to to get the target number of turns) the tiles clockwise and counter clockwise
  • You can lock all tiles (this makes it easier to see which tiles you already have turned correct)
You can also read any online netwalk tutorial like this.

Controls
You should be able to control the game with your mouse, keyboard or remote:
Quote:Focus tile: MOUSE-HOVER, UP, RIGHT, LEFT, DOWN
Turn focused tile clockwise: RIGHTCLICK, ESC, BACK
Turn focused tile counter-clockwise: LEFTCLICK, ENTER
Lock focused tile: MIDDLECLICK, INFO, SPACE
Exit Game: STOP, <EXIT-BUTTON>

Skinning
At the moment there is only one skin or tile-set included (made by Jugger, thanks!).
If you want to add another skin or tile-set, here are some infos:
Code:
General Tile naming scheme: "<TYPE>_<CONNECTIONS><CONNECTED_OR_NOT>.png"

types:
WIRE = 0
SERVER = 1
TERMINAL = 2

connections (binary):
UP = 1
RIGHT = 2
DOWN = 4
LEFT = 8

CONNECTED_OR_NOT (connection to the server through other tiles):
"c" = connected to the server (glows)
"" = not connected

The PNGs may have transparency and should be sized at least 80x80px.

Example:
terminal which has a connection to UP and glows: "2_1c.png"
wire with connection to LEFT and DOWN and glows: "0_12c.png"
wire with connections to all directions without glowing: "0_15.png

Skin.xml
You can also rearrange all visible parts of the game (The Grid, the buttons, the help section, ...)

Download
Later it will be available in the official xbmc.org Add-on Repository.
Until then you need to download the game here:
Download Version 0.0.3
Note: it will be listed as "program add-on"!

The source is also available, have a look if you are interested!

Enjoy playing, feedback welcome,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
So no love for games in XBMC? ;-)
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
@sphere, this would make a great basis for a tutorial on how to build game add-ons our wiki.

I imagine once someone writes a guide we will get lots more game add-ons and more interest in threads like these.

You know I'm gonna keep on asking.... Smile
Am I the only one that loved and played this game? Missing it now that it's not supported in Kodi 19. Anyway to make it compatible with it?
Star 
(2021-03-13, 15:00)Someguy1 Wrote: Am I the only one that loved and played this game? Missing it now that it's not supported in Kodi 19. Anyway to make it compatible with it?

No, you are not alone. There is a patch for Kodi 19 support that has yet to be merged.
The direct .zip installer at https://github.com/adamhotep/script.game.netwalk seems to work fine.

I believe if you install this version, you'll be cut off from the official Kodi repository's updates, so you should periodically look for official updates, though I worry about @sphere's availability since his profile lists him as a "Retired Team-Kodi Member."
(2021-03-14, 20:23)watch Wrote:
(2021-03-13, 15:00)Someguy1 Wrote: Am I the only one that loved and played this game? Missing it now that it's not supported in Kodi 19. Anyway to make it compatible with it?

No, you are not alone. There is a patch for Kodi 19 support that has yet to be merged.
The direct .zip installer at https://github.com/adamhotep/script.game.netwalk seems to work fine.

I believe if you install this version, you'll be cut off from the official Kodi repository's updates, so you should periodically look for official updates, though I worry about @sphere's availability since his profile lists him as a "Retired Team-Kodi Member."
Thanks for the info! But I ended up downgrading to Kodi 18.9 since Kodi 19 crashed 50 times, forcing me to restart my PC every time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Netwalk Game Add-on1