CNN Video Browser
hi all,

my cnn video browser was just released on xbmcscripts.com.
this uses cnn.com's rss feed to play any of a few hundred video reports. the new video reports are uploaded many times a day. it also has filtering by category and a pretty interface. i encourage you all to check it out!

as far as code goes it is a pretty good example of how to parse xml and rss in particular and how to use the new coordinate translation stuff. it also shows how to have a context sensitive field that changes value depending on which control is selected (ie a description for an element of the list). (getcontrol() is untrustworthy when you first come into onaction) any comments/feedback is appreciated.

-ast

looking forward to it, but apparently right now the page doesn't want me to download it. i get the error "the document is being edited/updated by an user and is unavailable at this moment."
... hmmm i just tried editting the description and it disappeared! actually it might be for the best for now... i think cnn has just blocked anonymous http access to the streams, possibly because of this script. it is definitely behaving different from last night... before i was able to cut and paste the url into mplayer manually and it would still work. now though it's not working... i need to figure out how they can tell the difference. man this is so embarassing! it was working amazingly for a while they change it just like that. be on the look out for a new version soon.

edit and now it they unblocked it? wtf is cnn doing? maybe it was maintenance? i need to figure out what's up.

sounds like maintenance alright, though i don't know how you'd be able to tell, maybe bring up a regular news story and see if you get any messages on the web page or something. or there's always the possibility of some random outage or wacky internet problem, but keep it up anyway!

(then if you're feeling lucky you can tackle that winamp tv thing.... heh)
its back up on the site. (updating the script removes it for some reason) enjoy!
works just great for me now. great job!
this script is great... keep up the good work!!! :thumbsup:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CNN Video Browser0