[RELEASE] CNN Video Browser (Script)
Thumbs Up 
hi all,

most new script announcements are made in this forum and so i'd like to announce my cnn video browser was just released on xbmcscripts.com.
it shows a list of all the video reports available on cnn.com and you can also filter the list by category (ie. us, sports, politics...). there are usually a couple hundred features available and also the interface looks great.
content is added many times a day and you can easily only watch the news you are interested in. i encourage all of you to try it out Smile comments and feedback are appreciated!

-ast

edit cnn just blocked access via anonymous http. be on the lookout for a new version.

works perfect!

great work
maybe textxoffset to the buttons
Quote: btn = xbmcgui.controlbutton(60, 100+27*i, 140, 27, categories[i],textxoffset=17)
maybe u like thumbnailimage
Quote:self.lstvideos = xbmcgui.controllist(211,100,460,355,imagewidth=30,imageheight=30)
self.lstvideos.additem(xbmcgui.listitem(label=item.title,label2=item.date,thumbnailimage='defaultvideo.png'))
i like your edits :-) i'll be sure to include them in future iterations of the script once i can think of something truely compelling to add. the above link should work again.
tried it last night - works great for me.
u like it - that nice

but mayby u can do samething like that, i try without sukcess
Quote:self.lstvideos = xbmcgui.controllist(211,100,460,355,font='font13',textcolor='0xffffffff',
buttontexture='blue-rectanglenf.png',buttonfocustexture='blue-rectangle.png',
selectedcolor='ffffffff',
imagewidth=73,imageheight=83,
itemtextxoffset=0,itemtextyoffset=0,
itemheight=91,space=7,alignmenty=0)

Quote:        if os.path.exists(cache):
           try:
               self.lstvideos.additem(xbmcgui.listitem(item.title + item.data,item.description,cache,cache))
           except:
               self.save_list.additem(xbmcgui.listitem(name,save.titleid,thumbnailimage="defaultvideobig.png"))
           return

i try make big list view with retrieve pictures
label1 in left top offset with name and data
label 2 in right bottom offset with description(mayby another font)

and maybe u try?

ohhh i get what you are trying to do. so you want the list control to have big entries with a preview picture on the left and the title/date description and whatnot on the right.

the only way i know of to get the picture is to wait after opening the video and take a screenshot... i suppose you would also want to use an image library for converting it to png / scaling it to a more reasonable resolution. im not sure how great/useful that would look though... i mean who needs a picture preview for a video they've already seen?

ohh and i think you want "date" not "data".
ohh yes "date"

Quote:i mean who needs a picture preview
who cares? point is - it is possible?

Quote:the only way i know of to get the picture is to wait after opening the video and take a screenshot...

i was thinking about jpg's from cnn
/video/us/2005/10/25/mcintyre.reflections.on.2000.cnn -> i.a.cnn.net/cnn/video/us/2005/10/25/jm.2000.vs.jpg
but pictures are not important

can u help me find the way to make big list with labels on different yoffset (label1 -> top , label2 -> bottom

smuto

doesn't seem to be working anymore, can't connect.
the 'now in the news feature' still works but the rest got broken...

for some reason cnn changed its behavior and the stuff i do to find the real url doesnt seem to work that way anymore... cnn has done this once before and it only lasted for a day and hopefully it will go back to the way it was before. but in the mean time i will try to figure out an alternative path for when it is behaving unfriendly.

edit: hmmmm it looks like it might have something to do with skipping the ad.... they might check that now to see whether you accessed it before the story?

well its working again.... man it's so hard to adjust for what cnn does on sunday afternoons.... how am i supposed to develop for that? next time it happens i need to sit down more and figure it out.
the cnn script had been working excellently, but in recent weeks has not been able to play the videos.

the selections lists are downloaded. when selecting a video to view, the dialog says that the video is downloaded, then nothing happens...

i just am returned to the cnn video selection list.

anyone else having the same experience?

had this problem with many videos using releases prior to may 28th.
which build are you running?
same thing here.  Sad  

found a solution yet?
will look into this soon. need to update the thing anyway to look nicer in mc360. it seems that some videos only work if you click them twice? maybe cnn is expected me to show a commercial the first time? nitn looks broken too, i wonder how many people use that (its annoying to parse since it is updated differently than the rest).

http://www.xbmcscripts.com/index.php?opt...phrase=CNN Video Browser v1.1

I've been using that CNN video script for about 8 months now and it has worked great up until recently. Whenever I start a video it will come up with the caching window and then it stalls and eventually comes back with "no video" and quickly exits. It started around the same time I upgraded to CVS_2006-07-16-T3CH but I can't say for sure that was exactly when it stopped working.

I'm just wondering if it is my setup or if everyone else is experiencing the same problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CNN Video Browser (Script)0