[RELEASE] CNN Video Browser (Script)
Can you PLEASE respect the forums ? There is a python support forum, it's made for support. Stare

MOVING
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sorry about that. I just scanned the list for python scripts but I obviously didn't pay attention the description. I'll remember to be more aware in the future.
I am having the same problems. Script just stopped working a few days ago. Worked great until then.
Stoped working for me too. About the same time frame as the others. Any ideas? I've tried newer/older versions of XBMC, all the same. I can stream movie trailers still but no CNN... just keeps timing out after you click on the segment you wish to watch...
My guess is that CNN has changed something on their web page and the script needs to be tweaked for it. There isn't a newer version though on xbmcscripts or anywhere else I could find. I looked through the code for awhile to try and make sense of it but it is all beyond me.
From very limited troubleshooting I noticed the log file showed the script launching the correct url. I can cut/paste into a media player on a pc and it plays fine. Possibly identifying the player type or some sort of session cookie needed

I have tested the script on some older XBMC builds, and some of the most recent compiled from CVS. Safe to say it was a change on CNN's site Unfortunately my python skillz are nil.
How do we get some help to fix this? I'm no help in writing the Python or editing it but would like to get this working again if possible.... Please help.
It looks like it has been fixed. A new version is out on xbmcscripts

http://www.xbmcscripts.com/index.php?opt...ser%20v1.3
Well, it was nice while it lasted. Smile The new version is now freezing on both my xboxes when you first launch it.
I'm getting the same thing.. Worked excellent for about 2 days. Now it hangs on receiving the listing of videos. Tried on a new build and a build from back in March.
I have not tested yet but it looks like it was updated again.

http://xbmcscripts.com/index.php?option=...ser%20v1.4
Hey all,

I'm having a problem with the CNN Video stream script. I recently updated to XBMC 2.0 and have CNN Browser 1.6. While it has cleaned up the descriptions by taking away the HTML that was embedded, I can't access any of the videos. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks
I too am having this problem with 2.0 and CNN 1.6.
I have this problem also. The only video that plays is the first in the list "Now in the news"
Same here -- the only stream it will play is the Podcast 'Now in the News'. It is the same on older builds of XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CNN Video Browser (Script)0