Linux Power saving kicks in with audio playing
Hey,

XBMC box is connected via HDMI to AV Receiver. Idle is set at 1hour. I start listening to a radio station, and after 1 hour it cuts off both picture and sound to the receiver. Is the power saving feature supposed to do anything at all when media is playing?

Log attached, notice the lines:

08:26:23 T:2646600512 DEBUG: PAPlayer:Tonguerocess - Playback started
09:26:20 T:3037792000 INFO: DPMS: enabled power-saving mode SUSPEND

xbmc.log
only audio will not block the display going to suspend. Since you are using HDMI it probably also turns off audio in this case.
Not sure if this is a bug or a feature Smile

I use SPDIF and audio keeps playing fine when the display is turned off.
(2013-02-21, 16:06)wsnipex Wrote: only audio will not block the display going to suspend. Since you are using HDMI it probably also turns off audio in this case.
Not sure if this is a bug or a feature Smile

I use SPDIF and audio keeps playing fine when the display is turned off.

Yeah I figure the music keeps playing as it returns immediately after I press a button on the remote. Would be good to know if this is a feature or bug indeed, playing music while the only output is disabled is not much good, although I understand ppl who route sound via other connections are OK with the situation at the moment.
you could try to enable full screen visualization, that should block the screen from suspending
or just disable dpms via xorg.conf
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Power saving kicks in with audio playing0