NPVR not finding channels found by HDHomerun
I appologize in advance if this has been answered already I was not able to find the answer after searching for hours.

My problem is with npvr not finding channels that hdhomerun software finds. I am using a rooftop antenna and the channels I get are getting great reception. I am able to see them in the hdhomerun software, but then when I scan my device in the npver software I am missing 3 or 4 channels and my fox affiliate is listed but is the wrong channel (it comes up as the spanish pbs channel). I'm not sure where the disconnect is.
Is it possible that the missing channels signals are strong enough to be seen by hdhomerun but not strong enough to be seen by NPVR?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sure it'll be the usual problem with the HDHomeRun - firewall getting in the way of communication. You'll need to add firewall exclusions for NextPVR.exe/NRecord.exe/NDigitalHost.exe, so that they can receive data from your HDHomeRun.
Windows Firewall is turned off. Would this also apply to the router firewall?
No, unlikely. After having seen this hundreds of times over the years from HDHomeRun though, I'm still inclined to think you've got some firewall or antivirus software getting in the way of communication. People have often thought they'd configured their firewall correctly, or were using 3rd party firewall and hadn't realised their previous-disabled Microsoft firewall had restarted itself, and found they could get the scan working by fixing it.

If you want to post the npvr.log after attempting the scan, there is a couple of things I can check.
thank you much I am at work atm but I will post my log as soon as I get home. This is a totally fresh windows install and I had read about these issues with the firewall so one of the first things I did was turn it off. But you are right I should at least verify that isnt the issue. thanks again for offering to look at the log I will get that to you asap
I rescanned to get a fresh log file and npvr seemed to pick up more channels (16) it only found 10 the first time. Then I scanned again and magically I had 22 channels. scanned again 28, and again 32. All channels have now been found and everything seems to be working great. I'm not sure why it didnt pick them all up on the first scan. I did verify that windows firewall is disabled so I dont think that was a contributing factor.

Another note for anyone reading this in the future. I made the mistake of editing the channel numbers on the backend and left 2 channels with the same number on accident. Apparently you cant have dupe channel #s or 1 of the channels wont show up in xbmc. As soon as I fixed that everything was good.

It is so nice to have everything working in one place instead of having to switch between xbmc and MCE. Much more wife friendly Smile

Thanks to all the devs for there hard work
(2013-02-22, 19:15)tyrob56 Wrote: I rescanned to get a fresh log file and npvr seemed to pick up more channels (16) it only found 10 the first time. Then I scanned again and magically I had 22 channels. scanned again 28, and again 32. All channels have now been found and everything seems to be working great. I'm not sure why it didnt pick them all up on the first scan.
Yeah, that's odd. I've not seen other reports like this from HDHR users.

Sounds like you got there in the end though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NPVR not finding channels found by HDHomerun0