xbmc custom cross build using yocto (openembedded)
Hello,

i am doing a custom build of xbmc 12 for a problematic hardware i have (powervr/intel DM2800) - a great board, mini itx, custom header for cec, fanless, but the video card sucks (problematic / binary drivers).

anyway, ive managed to make almost everything work, xbmc compiles (and runs!) with opengl - opengles support, i get sound through hdmi, and ive managed to play sd videos, but, as you may have guessed, no hd videos with vaapi. The thing is that ive got vaapi working, i can play 1080p without glitches with gstreamer and mplayer, but when i try doing it on xbmc one of two things happen:

a) the screen freezes with the working icon but i do get sound output

b) xbmc gui closes, but i get sound and the application keeps running.

i've turned debug on, but on examining xbmc.log (it doesn't give me a crash log cause it doesn't crash) it doesn't give me any useful information, just the usual, as if it were playing.

do you guys have any light for me? somewhere where i can look for some useful debug output? maybe its a known problem (i didnt find anything but im not a xbmc developer)

thank you in advance for your help, this problem is making me mad, i think ive tried everything that was under my reach.

Lucas.
Hello Lucas

I see this post has been around for a while. Did you get it working already? I am trying to find pointers to compile my own XBMC (added database and JSON support for Photos and user video, rebased on Stephen's branch for iMX6) repo on yocto for wand board quad.

Could you please point me some links on how to build yocto image.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc custom cross build using yocto (openembedded)0