My Very First HTPC Build
Hi All,

After many weeks of finding what would be best for me. After buying and returning a GBOX Midnight and a PIVOS, I have decided to build my own HTPC. I am very excited.
This build is for users like me who will use this for;

-Accessing and watching their own personal collection. ( I currently have 2.4 TBs of Movies and TV Shows) I will be using XBMC for this with AEON NOX Skin
-Using this HTPC as an actual desktop as well
-This build is powerful enough for some newer PC games and all Emulators/ROMs
-I can use this for Spotify, Pandora, Netflix, and Hulu (I like the internet versions better than the XBMC addons of these)
-I will also install PLEX to use solely as a streamer for my personal collection.

I started this basis for the build by going off of this article; How I Built the Media Center of My Dreams. I changed the case and power supply so that I could add a lot of storage. With 6 Internal 3.5" bay drives. It will be next to impossible for myself to run out of HDD space. I will start out with 2 x 3TB hdds. And add more as needed.

CPU- AMD A4-3400 Llano 2.7GHz Socket FM1 65W Dual-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU); $45
Motherboard- ASRock A75M-ITX; $90
RAM- CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model CMV4GX3M2A1333C9; $30
HDD- (2 of these) Western Digital WD Green WD30EZRX 3TB; $140.ea
Case- nMEDIAPC Black Aluminum / Acrylic / Steel HTPC 6000B ATX Media Center / HTPC Case; $75
Power Supply- COOLER MASTER Elite 460 RS-460-PSAR-I3 460W ATX12V V2.31 Power Supply; $40
DVD Drive- ASUS Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DVD-E818A7T/BLK/B/GEN - OEM; $20
OS- Windows 7 64-Bit; $100

$520 Total

If anybody sees any potential problems with this build, please let me know. As this is my first build, I didnt tinker too much. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Hope somebody uses my build as a basis for theirs.
Decided to add a little bit more to this build. I will install a Solid State Drive to install my OS and XBMC on. This will cause for lightning fast startup to have more of a home theater feel.
Does anybody have any suggestions for a SSD (128GB) for less than $125?
The Samsung 840 Series 2.5 inch 120GB SATA III is $100.91 on amazon.com
Perfect! Thank you Pyro. I wanted a name brand so this is perfect for me.
Xbmc media center
ImageImage
intel G530/BIostar th67+/Cx430/2x4gb ripjaws x 1600/N mediapc 1000B case/N media lcd/Asus gt520/60gb adata ssd.os/2tb spinpoint 5400 rpm. Media/Hp dvd rw

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Very First HTPC Build0