XBMC Still Open in Taskmanager?
Hi Guys,

I'm finding that when I Alt+F4 or "X" out of XBMC, it sometimes remains open in the background -- it's still open in Taskmanager.

This creates a problem when I try to play back any other media, outside of XBMC, on the HTPC. It says the device is in use.

Is there a way to prevent XBMC from staying "open"?

Would exiting through the UI fix this?

Thanks,

Owen
Does this problem also occur if you shutdown XBMC normally via the XBMC shutdown menu or a keyboard shortcut that invokes XBMC.Shutdown?
Not sure. I'll be testing tonight. I was wondering if it's a known issue or not.
There was a thread a while back debating the merits of closing the XBMC application gracefully vs. killing the session unceremoniously and the attendant risks, if any, of the latter. It's certainly worth a try in your case to see if you still get the same problem by shutting down XBMC normally.
Any chance you could link me?

I ran a few searches but came up empty
It would take longer to locate that thread (which resolved nothing in the end) than it would be for you to do a normal XBMC shutdown and see if it still causes problems with your other tasks.
I still have the problem of XBMC not shutting down properly (stuck in task manager) when hitting the Close button on my remote (VRC-1100) on the latest nightlies. I'm trying to map the close button on my remote to the XBMC.Shutdown function but can't get it to work. This is what I have:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <numpadtimes>contextmenu</numpadtimes>
      <numpadfive mod="alt">info</numpadfive>
      <f4 mod="alt">XBMC.Shutdown</f4>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

That doesn't work, it still force closes to task manager. Any ideas?
(2013-02-22, 21:17)artrafael Wrote: There was a thread a while back debating the merits of closing the XBMC application gracefully vs. killing the session unceremoniously and the attendant risks, if any, of the latter. It's certainly worth a try in your case to see if you still get the same problem by shutting down XBMC normally.
To answer this question, if I close XBMC normally via the on screen menu it still hangs about half the time but it's even worse than force closing, because the whole program freezes and takes over the screen. The only way to get out is to logout or reboot Windows. If I do a force close via "X" or close button on the remote it will hang in the task manager but at least I can force close it from there. Neither methods are ideal obviously.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Still Open in Taskmanager?0