Noisy disc spinning
XBMC sounds like a blow dryer when I insert a dvd-r video. How can I fix this? In WinDVD the disc is dead quiet. I'd rather use XBMC as it's the best player.
I guess Nero Drivespeed still is one solution to this.
Will it work with Win8?

EDIT: It does, kinda, but I don't know what it does.

What makes the disc drive spin up in XBMC anyways? No other program spins up the disc like this...
It's not so much that XBMC makes it spin up faster. More like other programs will slow down the spindle speed of the drive to: make it quieter when watching a movie; and to "smooth out" the playback so it's less jumpy.

For example, PowerDVD 10 has an option to Play DVD more smoothly between 4x-8x speed. Perhaps WinDVD has something similar.

I'm not smart enough to know if XBMC implements this type of feature. If it doesn't, then it's just going to play the DVD-R at the max speed that the drive can read it at. kaffekask's pointer is one way to go.

My Bluray drive is pretty darn quiet when running at full speed, however. So it also depends somewhat on the hardware.

Or if you were adventurous, you could setup an external player in XBMC to use WinDVD.

Sorry I couldn't really help.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
I think you are right. WinDVD and PowerDVD seem to have the function you talk about.

I was hoping to use XBMC, but WinDVD is actually quite good, so I'll just use that for now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noisy disc spinning0