Downton Abbey subs for PBS, not ITN version?
Hi - I know this isn't a technical issue, but thought someone here might know the answer...

The American version of Downton Abbey is slightly different than the British one, due to editing (ITN is a commercial broadcaster, PBS isn't). So the subtitles from the British Series don't work with the American one, even if shifted.

I've been recording Downton Abbey from PBS with EyeTV and playing it on XBMC, but was wondering if anyone knows how or where to get the correct subtitle files for the PBS version?
As you said your self in this forum you will find help easier for technical issues.

For content issues better refer to some subtitles forum.

Sorry I can't help with your issue. Have you thought of adapting them yourself and sharing them? It's not that difficult if you already have a source with the texts and aproximate timings. Usually it's just a matter of re-syncing on commercial breaks.

Although if you recorded the issues yourself it's probable they won't fit for anybody else...
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

It's ITV, not ITN.

/pedantmode
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Downton Abbey subs for PBS, not ITN version?0