Serious Memory Leak With Frodo
(2013-09-04, 11:19)takoi Wrote:
(2013-09-04, 01:27)Bert02 Wrote: i didnt even realize i had watch dog uninstalled and seemed to fix it
(2013-09-04, 07:47)afedchin Wrote: Confirmed the watchdog addon cause a huge memory leaks.
And as aleady confirmed in this thread, it's xbmc that cause it; related to the xbmcvfs module, which watchdog use for watching network shares and network shares only.

Hi. Brand new here and just trying to install. Huge memory leaknhere too. 500 megs, nthen up to 1.5 gigs pr more. Takoi, how to address the problem you pointed out? I do not understand the technicalnaspect yet. Thx.

Edit: Figured out how to upload my log. Here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=85452
Any updates to this? I can't use Watchdog because XBMC becomes unresponsive after being left open for a day with it enabled.
try the upcoming 12.3 or a nightly build
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'm on nightly.
have a NUC i5 haswell, running win 8.1 64-bit with 8gb of RAM
Each morning, I have a dialog box waiting saying that my memory is used up and to close XBMC (12.2)
Running Aeon MQ5, last.fm, trakt.tv and a micasaverde plugin (note, have run these plugins previously on another box with no memory issues, older NUC i3)
I'll wait on 12.3
like clockwork, each morning I get the memory issue with XBMC.
Not that you should have to do this, but you could restart XBMC each night at like 3am with a scheduled task. That's what I do because of another memory leak in Live TV. I don't like it, but I have to admit that it works perfectly.
It looks like 12.3 is right around the corner for release, perhaps I'll wait on that.
What's strange is that on previous versions of Windows, 12.2 I've never seen this pop-up
Do you use any shell replacement or just simply set XBMC in your startup folder?
I use XBMCLauncher to keep the focus on XBMC. I can't remember if I use it to auto start XBMC as well, or if it's a scheduled task or if I have a shortcut in the startup folder. The nightly restart just kills the XBMC process and restarts it. Somewhere in this forum is a nice little batch file that does it perfectly.
(2013-12-14, 14:13)awp0 Wrote: Not that you should have to do this, but you could restart XBMC each night at like 3am with a scheduled task. That's what I do because of another memory leak in Live TV. I don't like it, but I have to admit that it works perfectly.
Link to how to do this? Thanks.
(2013-12-14, 23:03)StinDaWg Wrote:
(2013-12-14, 14:13)awp0 Wrote: Not that you should have to do this, but you could restart XBMC each night at like 3am with a scheduled task. That's what I do because of another memory leak in Live TV. I don't like it, but I have to admit that it works perfectly.
Link to how to do this? Thanks.

I think I used the script in the second post here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176036

Create a scheduled task in Windows each night at 4:00am to simply run that script. You may have to change the directory in the script to reflect your environment. I believe the task scheduler is in the administrative tools section of the control panel.
All these leaks with various add-ons are supposedly fixed in Gotham beta 2 with PR4290. Can anybody else who have had these issues confirm?
I installed Gotham Beta 2 last week and I have the Library Auto Update running (the only addon I've installed in addition to the default ones).
I'm still getting the "out of memory" errors from Windows (8.1), so it doesn't seem like it's fixed in Gotham.
*Bump*

I suspected this had something to do with some of the library add-ons I had enabled, but after disabling the ones I had downloaded the "Out of memory" message still appears.
Does anybody know if this is a known bug that will get fixed (or not) with Gotham, or if this is a new bug with the same symptoms as another bug that has already been solved?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Serious Memory Leak With Frodo0