Serious Memory Leak With Frodo
(2013-04-20, 22:59)Martijn Wrote: try 12.2pre
You have any specific commit in mind? You see, it takes a day or so (for me at least) to produce any significant leak.
Since I have turned off the watchdog, it has not crashed for me. (I also disabled common plugins cache and a music scraper that I don't use)

I also noticed my thumbnails directory was 6Gb, so I installed a thumbnail cleanup script which got it down to 1Gb.

I'll keep the thread updated, but it looks like the watchdog was possibly doing scans after a period of no activity (idle) and just using all 3Gb of my unused RAM until either XBMC locked up or Windows exited the app to protect itself.
(2013-05-02, 11:02)steve.rand Wrote: I'll keep the thread updated, but it looks like the watchdog was possibly doing scans after a period of no activity (idle) and just using all 3Gb of my unused RAM until either XBMC locked up or Windows exited the app to protect itself.

That's not what's happening. Did you see my other post? I already explained what in watchdog triggers the leak, so no need to speculate.:)
Same issue here. Openelec 3.02 overclocked on a Pi. Don't seem to have library updater, but definitely happens after an update, but mostly after a day of just being on, whether used or not. Thought it was my Cirrus Extended skin.
(2013-05-02, 11:15)takoi Wrote:
(2013-05-02, 11:02)steve.rand Wrote: I'll keep the thread updated, but it looks like the watchdog was possibly doing scans after a period of no activity (idle) and just using all 3Gb of my unused RAM until either XBMC locked up or Windows exited the app to protect itself.

That's not what's happening. Did you see my other post? I already explained what in watchdog triggers the leak, so no need to speculate.Smile

I do now... scrolled up and saw it at the top of page 2. I replied while reading page 1.

Hopefully 12.2 has fixed it hey?
I do not have Watch Dog installed.
I tried on fresh installs of OpenElec and Raspbmc on Raspberry Pi.
Both exhibit the same behaviors :

1. Add Movies from my NAS over nfs.
2. After rebooting XBMC, I noticed my NAS LED light flashes rapidly, indicating accesses from XBMC.
3. Memory will start to escalate till Out Of Memory within a minute or two and it reboots.
4. I turned off my NAS so that XBMC will not be able to access my movie libraries and it becomes stable.

Not sure what is XBMC trying to do that causes memory to escalate.
Memory consumption at this kind of rate is abnormal. It should be flagged as a bug.
Same opinion here. After 5 min running xbmc all of my 8 GB Memory are gone...
Managed to solve the issue. It appears that some of my video files had some issue. Perhaps corrupted.
After every self reboot, I checked the system log and see which video file was last accessed for additional content. U may want to delete that file or move it out of the library folders. Repeat for each repeat until no more robot occurs.
@skybach

thanks for your answer, but even after deleting the .xbmc folder the problem still occurs... any suggestions?
Omg. U should not delete the .xbmc folder as it contains config info.
The problem is with some of the problematic video files you have.
Have you try to locate your xbmc.log file? Sometimes it exists n your syslog folders, sometimes it exists somewhere in .xbmc. Did u see any errors logged?
Another way is to start with a base set of video files that were known to work properly before and slowly start adding the other video one by one and monitor the memory consumption.
im also having this problem
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=172456

task manager screenshot
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58260317/xbmc.JPG

log
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=52745
Try a Gotham alpha build. Shouldn't have that problem
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
i didnt even realize i had watch dog uninstalled and seemed to fix it
Confirmed the watchdog addon cause a huge memory leaks.
(2013-09-04, 01:27)Bert02 Wrote: i didnt even realize i had watch dog uninstalled and seemed to fix it
(2013-09-04, 07:47)afedchin Wrote: Confirmed the watchdog addon cause a huge memory leaks.
And as aleady confirmed in this thread, it's xbmc that cause it; related to the xbmcvfs module, which watchdog use for watching network shares and network shares only.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Serious Memory Leak With Frodo0