XBMC Remote on a Pebble Watch?
Has any one thought of porting an XBMC remote to the new Pebble E-Paper Watch yet? I would love to be able to control my movies from my watch as opposed to having to fumble around for my iPhone. Thoughts?
No.
And please don't cross-post. Threads merged.
Sorry ... posted in the wrong thread the first time ;-(
Samsung just announced they are coming out with a smartwatch too ... should be easy to port an XBMC channel to it since it has already been ported to Samsung TVs ;-)
(2013-03-20, 03:02)pwfletcher Wrote: Samsung just announced they are coming out with a smartwatch too ... should be easy to port an XBMC channel to it since it has already been ported to Samsung TVs ;-)

Really? Has it? Are you sure?
(2013-03-20, 03:48)DrowningApe Wrote: Really? Has it? Are you sure?

Right after they get it running on my Pong. Wink
Of all the stupidest things to come out with... Where are our self-lacing shoes? How about our food that can become re-hydrated from small capsules.

Give a brother a Thanksgiving dinner from a capsule already.
Can I install XBMC on my rocket pack?
(2013-03-20, 05:31)DrowningApe Wrote: Can I install XBMC on my rocket pack?

Unfortunately the team isn't skilled enough to do that. I heard the next system OS they're working on is the Mr. Coffee espresso maker.

I'm not dissing the team by the way.
He's talking about the REMOTE, not XBMC itself. So play/pause/etc. I think it's a fantastic idea. It wouldn't even require a port. What would happen is the existing smartphone remotes would take advantage of the Pebble SDK, and route commands through it.
(2013-03-20, 06:21)Ned Scott Wrote: He's talking about the REMOTE, not XBMC itself. So play/pause/etc. I think it's a fantastic idea. It wouldn't even require a port. What would happen is the existing smartphone remotes would take advantage of the Pebble SDK, and route commands through it.

Exactly, this would be very cool (just got the Pebble FYI, it is neat but needs more integration).

YATSE or the official XBMC remote could easily integrate with the Pebble allowing for play\pause\skip functions as well as "whats playing" on the watch.
(2013-03-20, 06:21)Ned Scott Wrote: He's talking about the REMOTE, not XBMC itself. So play/pause/etc. I think it's a fantastic idea. It wouldn't even require a port. What would happen is the existing smartphone remotes would take advantage of the Pebble SDK, and route commands through it.

Thanks for seeing what I was getting at ... couldn't figure out why I was getting so flamed. Having a remote on my wrist would be freakin' cool ;-)
Makes it easy to justify hogging the remote too.
(2013-03-20, 21:07)Atticka Wrote:

Exactly, this would be very cool (just got the Pebble FYI, it is neat but needs more integration).

YATSE or the official XBMC remote could easily integrate with the Pebble allowing for play\pause\skip functions as well as "whats playing" on the watch.

Exactly ... Tim Cook did just basically announce that Apple is working on an iWatch ...

iWatch Announcement

Even if there is no XBMC remote port right away, if it has a decent browser, I can use my Indigo control pages to send channel and volume change ir codes to my blaster. Still, a solid XBMC remote app like I have on my iPad would be ideal ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote on a Pebble Watch?1