Problem playing ts files recorded from my on-1011tpvr
I have digital tv from t-mobile, which allows programs to be recorded using an on-1011tpvr box onto an external HDD (but cannot directly connect it to an xbmc server afa I know).
I now would like to connect this HDD to my linux box running xbmc and play back the recorded programs.
The files there are all .ts, but whatever I do, I seem to be unable to play them. The log file mentions an error creating a demuxer.
I also tried just using vlc on ubuntu/windows, mplayer, smplayer, etc., but none of them seems to recognize anything playable.

Reading other forums, it seems this may be an encryption issue? Is it indeed impossible or am I missing something?
(2013-02-24, 14:32)Toverkwark Wrote: I have digital tv from t-mobile, which allows programs to be recorded using an on-1011tpvr box onto an external HDD (but cannot directly connect it to an xbmc server afa I know).
I now would like to connect this HDD to my linux box running xbmc and play back the recorded programs.
The files there are all .ts, but whatever I do, I seem to be unable to play them. The log file mentions an error creating a demuxer.
I also tried just using vlc on ubuntu/windows, mplayer, smplayer, etc., but none of them seems to recognize anything playable.

Reading other forums, it seems this may be an encryption issue? Is it indeed impossible or am I missing something?

Sounds like the video is encrypted for DRM reasons. You might be able to re-encode them to remove the DRM, but you'll need a certificate from the device. If you can get a certificate (which is a big ask) it might be possible to import it into the OS you use for XBMC, but I have no idea if XBMC will use this data or decrypt it.

Other options is a possible hack to strip DRM, but you'll need to look elsewhere as I'm sure its against the forum rules, removing DRM for personal reasons is a gray area.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem playing ts files recorded from my on-1011tpvr0