Additional Airtunes server
Good day,

I am currently attempting to get my OS X's "System wide Airplay audio out" working with XBMC; and figured out that this would require to spawn another "Airtunes" server in XBMC (for details on why this is required, just ask).
However, i am struggling with the implementation, specifically the setup of the RAOP callbacks for the Airtunes servers. So far I've managed to spawn two "sub-servers" but only one of them is actually functionnal, the other doesn't serve / reply anything.
To be honnest, my C / C++ is rather limited and rusty, i am a Java developper.

Anyone out there to give me a hand on this ?

Thanks for your time,
Fabian
What do you want to do and why do you think you need a second airtunes server for that?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz,

As already mentionned, i want XBMC to show up as a "System wide" Airplay target in OS X 10.8. OS X will show up a device as target under the following circumstances:
a.) The device is an AppleTV (advertises a _raop and an _airplay service)
b.) The device is an Airport Express device

Currently, XBMC would not show up as a target device as it doesn't fulfill either requirement. Here is why:
a.) An Apple TV device implicitely supports "Fairplay" encryption. As XBMC doesn't support this, nor advertises it, it will NOT show up as a target device under OS X. (When modifiying the "et flag" in the raop service advertisement to advertise Fairplay (et=3,5), XBMC shows up but obvisously doesn't work due to the lack of Fairplay support).
b.) XBMC publishes an "_airplay" service in addition to the "_raop" service on the same target MAC address. Therefore, OS X considers the device as an Apple TV device, not an Airport Express target.

Solutions:
a.) Either implement an option in the GUI to disable the _airplay service, thus presenting XBMC as an Airport Express device, which does not require nor support Fairplay (IMHO, poor man's approach)
b.) Spawn another Airtunes server that would act as an Airport Express device

Note that simply advertising another "fake" service without actually spawning a server will not work as the published MAC address is required in the RAOP handshake.

Hope that gives you more insight or helps you to figure out what i am trying to achieve.

Regards,
Fabian
Then use a latest nightly. We changed the am field from AppleTV2,1 to Xbmc,1 and this also makes XBMC appear on the OSX audio output list.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz,

Please apologize for the delay in getting back to you, it took a while to compile the latest nightly.
Thanks for the advice, looks like that made it.. "am" is the only flag i haven't fiddled around with .... couldn't imagine a second that the solution would be that easy!

Sorry for bothering you with this, i should have updated my local branch before starting this thread....

Regards,
Fabian

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Additional Airtunes server0