• 1(current)
WIP PseudoTV Skin
I figured I would share what I have been working on, I never really liked most of the PTV skins that are currently available so I went ahead and started making one. I still have a lot of testing to do to make sure it works well with large libraries and TV shows, etc. I'm not a skinner or programmer and I have borrowed a lot from other skins that are currently available. Let me know what you think or if you see any possible improvements or suggestions.

Install instructions:

Go to your skin folder, for Nox it is C:\Users\'Yourusername'\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox

Search or scroll to find the four Pseudo files and delete them - this will tell the skin to use the "default" PTV Skin

Go to the PTV folder, C:\Users\'Yourusername'\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre

Delete the default folder

Unpack the rar file you downloaded here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29753669/PTV.rar

Enjoy!

Milkman's Guide - Everything you need to know about PTV and how to setup channels, logos etc. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127492

Logo Pack direct link http://www.slingfile.com/file/WRnRpLEYsl

Future PTV Skin more suitable to different skins, not just Nox. I've taken a slight break from this skin but I will be releasing it, I really like this skin but I'm focusing on my Nox skin for now.

Nice work. Be interested to see where you go with this.
Great work. I too am interested. Although I prefer the TV guide to take up the whole screen. The info screen looks really good. I love the layout especially the weather Wink
Nice one! Also here interested on this project Smile
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
That skin is perfect with the EPG configured so that you can see the video while browsing channels just like a real EPG on cable. Awesome work with the skin would definitely use it in my setup Nod
So far, so good, tman! Keep it going!
I'm glad people are still making these! It's been a while, but if you need any help, I'd be more than happy to assist!
Nothing to see here....
Thanks zep, I think I might need some. I don't have a whole lot of time and this is going to be mainly a weekend project for me, I've been running into some issues though and maybe if you have some time this weekend we could chat and you can clear some things up for me. I have some pretty good ideas for the skin and I think I know the general look that I'm going for but I definetly would need more experienced help, the skin above is working perfect but I really want to do more with it and I've already changed a good bit of the overall look of the skin.
Pls make a lite version for atv2....
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Deleted by User
looks awesome mate defintely replacing the original when you release it Smile
are the colours set or do they change to match your xbmc colours?
I recently discovered PseudoTV and now I can't wait to try out your skin! Thanks for working on this Big Grin
Thanks guys! The colors will not change with your skin, that is an overlay image. You can always replace the image to match your skin or I could include a few different colored backgrounds per user requests. I'm not going to tailor the skin too much or really offer that much support once I release it as this is pretty much a skin I'm making for myself. I figure I'll release it maybe this weekend if I have time to really work on it and then the community can test and report back any issues that need to be fixed. Overall, I think it's shaping up pretty good - theres more that I want to do with it but I'm pretty limited with my skinning knowledge and coding.
Looks amazing! Can't wait to try it out
(2013-02-27, 06:52)tman12 Wrote: So I got to do a little bit of work tonight and this is what I've managed to put together for the guide, don't be too picky as I still have a lot of work to do. Example being the poster for currently playing video - I'm going to put a now playing on that. I also realize that some of the images aren't quite even on the page and the formatting stuff will come later. This will most likely be the final layout of the guide, I figured it gave a good enough view above to show what is playing while also letting you browse. I think I'm going to add some overlays to the times, channel names, and the date. I'm also not real crazy over the orange overlay but those are hard to figure out what looks good and making them is a pain so we'll see how that turns out. Still lots more to do, but here it is.

Looks great, but I would change the poster by the logo art of the playing movie/tv show in order to keep the screen cleaner

Keep it up! Wink
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WIP PseudoTV Skin9