• 2(current)
WIP PseudoTV Skin
I agree, I will probably consider doing that. The main reason I chose poster is because I currently don't use logos for my movies although I'm planning to get them soon and I figured other users may not have them either but everyone has posters. With my terrible DSL connection it takes forever to download all of the images for my collection but maybe I'll just fire it up overnight and let it roll. Good suggestion! Keep them coming, I like hearing new ideas.
also it will be great to display the channel logo instead of channel name text
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
Looks awesome! I wonder what the EPG looks like? The main problem I see in all the TV Guides for PseudoTV is that they are all tiny. Not well suited to see from the couch.
It's hard to get a good idea of the size from the picture, I think it's a pretty good size but I'm fairly close to my TV and it is a 40" Plasma that I'm viewing it on. However, that will be part of the release testing that I mentioned. I don't want to just throw the skin out there and say "Hey, it works fine for me" - I want to try to help as much as possible without having to individualize it to one person i.e. "can you add this or that" something simple like "hey, the text is kind of small" are things that I would be interested in fixing or implementing. Not saying I don't want to hear ideas or feature requests, because I do - especially while in the design phase.

Thanks!
Zep - I noticed in some of your skins (looking at the pictures in previous posts) that you were able to get channel logo to show up in the epg for each individual channel. I can't seem to figure out how to do that, can you point me in the right direction or send me some example xml files to look at? Thanks. Also PM'd you in case you don't check here.
Great work! I'd love to see the colours a bit more subdued as this feels a little bright, but hey, considering you're doing this for free for the greater XBMC community, I'll take what I can get.

Thank you!
I didn't have a ton of time to work on this tonight but here is what I've put together, not sure if I like it or not. If I can get zep to show me how to include channel logos I'm going to put them right next to the channel number so it will show channel number / channel logo / channel name - or possibly just number / logo. I'm definetly going to change the overlay and some of the positioning is really off as you can tell.

@deletedpenguin - I changed the color around a little bit because I think you are right it was too bright.

tman 12, grt work and I absolutely love the new subdued colour. I have one question - when you press the info button, does all the info show up or only the first line? . I have a problem where only the first line shows and it doesn't scroll down on its own or if I try to. Its very annoying.
It looks exactly like it does in that image - that is just a screenshot of me using PTV in XBMC. There are definatly some issues with info screen in PTV though and I'm going to ask around to see how to fix it For example, the last sentence in the screenshot above is missing a period at the end - it seems like the end keeps getting cut off a bit. I tried adding a scroll but it doesn't like the code for some reason so I'm going to have to ask about that as well.

Also, I may end up going with logo instead of poster like the one poster suggested. I was playing around with it and the sizing was too difficult, but when I went to bed last night I started thinking about it (I'm obsessing a bit) and I realized that I can use a different image setting to keep the logo aspects similar. Again, the main reason for holding off on logos is the fact that I don't think a majority of users are utilizing them - I could be wrong though. I'm really liking the new EPG though and I think I will stick with those colors except for probably the overlay will change so what you see above is most likely going to be the final layout. Hopefully more screenies tonight!
Hi Tman12, I have just discovered your thread and am thrilled that someone has taken up the challenge of updating the PTV layout for Nox. Congratulations on your progress it is a vast improvement in my humble opinion. I would like to add my idea if I may. I think more people than you think use the logos, clearart etc than you may think. Take the 300 movie for example, the cleart on fanart TV has been downloaded over 16,000 times! and I'm sure there are other movies that have artwork downloaded even more. Please consider utilizing them Angel

Here is a rough photoshopped mockup of based on your screenshot.

Maybe you could have it that clearart is used if available and if not it would fallback to the poster image. I have no idea if that is possible or not.
(2013-02-26, 08:21)zepfan Wrote: I'm glad people are still making these! It's been a while, but if you need any help, I'd be more than happy to assist!

How do you remove some of the rows. There are 6 by default, and I tried to comment out the bottom two rows and it failed to open the EPG.
@SamHill - C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\Addons\PseudoTV\lib\EPGoverlay (not 100% sure what it's called, I'm at work now - it's in the lib folder called EPG) it's about 15-20 lines down and you will see the number 6 next to it - change that to how many rows you want to use and then simply uncomment or remove the text color so it doesn't show.

@Rastan - I like where your going with that look but here is where I'm worried - if you don't have ClearArt you end up with a stupid label that says "On Now" with nothing underneath it. I think I'll look into the logic to see if I can do [ if clearArt display, else Get.Title] but that might be too hard for my lmited coding experience. I will probably keep the title as text but I will definetly look into adding clearArt - in a more transparent way than what you posted.
(2013-02-28, 20:44)tman12 Wrote: @SamHill - C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\Addons\PseudoTV\lib\EPGoverlay (not 100% sure what it's called, I'm at work now - it's in the lib folder called EPG) it's about 15-20 lines down and you will see the number 6 next to it - change that to how many rows you want to use and then simply uncomment or remove the text color so it doesn't show.

@Rastan - I like where your going with that look but here is where I'm worried - if you don't have ClearArt you end up with a stupid label that says "On Now" with nothing underneath it. I think I'll look into the logic to see if I can do [ if clearArt display, else Get.Title] but that might be too hard for my lmited coding experience. I will probably keep the title as text but I will definetly look into adding clearArt - in a more transparent way than what you posted.

I have zero coding skills myself else I would chip in. Good luck and it still looks good even without clearart and logos Nod
(2013-02-28, 20:34)SamHill Wrote:
(2013-02-26, 08:21)zepfan Wrote: I'm glad peo. .e are still making these! It's been a while, but if you need any help, I'd be more than happy to assist!

How do you remove some of the rows. There are 6 by default, and I tried to comment out the bottom two rows and it failed to open the EPG.

I'm away from home now, but I'll be back home tonight and will take a look and reapond to other questions in the thread .
Nothing to see here....
Alright, here is what I've put together tonight with only a little bit of time that I had. I really can't wait til the weekend when I have some more time to put into this, and for zepfan to answer my questions so I can get the final touches going.

Things to add:
Channel icons (somewhere) probably next to the channel number and get rid of the channel text

I would really love to be able to put either rating or genre or both inside the epg boxes next to the title - i.e. Bridesmaids ® Comedy or something like that seen right inside the box for each individual movie/show.

I think the overlay is pretty good right now but I still might make changes to it, I'm not 100% there yet with it. FYI - overlay is the box that selects the movie/show you want on the epg

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WIP PseudoTV Skin9