XBMC Subtitles and compressed movie
Hello,
I noticed that napiprojekt addon from xbmc subtitle returns an error when you try to download subtitles for compressed video.
Anyone else have this problem or know the solution
I'm interested in the ability to download subtitles without having to unpack video

Thanks
What do you mean "compressed video"

All video you will play on xbmc is compressed, that is what a codec does.

Do you mean rared? Unrar the damn thing, raring will not save you much space and is totally unnecessary.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
yes comressed = rared
I know that video in rar does not saves space. Unfortunately, video content on the Internet are packed in rar.
If you can watch the material without decompressing them why then not download the subtitle?
Otherwise in my case, I have
1) connect to htpc (ssh)
2) search movie
3) uncompress (if i seed i cant download rar)
4) see the video
5) delete the video
I don't know why that subtitle tool doesn't work on a rared file, is it properly imported to your library?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
PS why not ask the addon author?
I can not find a contact to the author
The files that are installed with the addon should have contact details.
File only contains "gregd" no e-mail.
where is the git repository for plugins?
i am attempting to fix this issue, however i need some information.
how to get name of file inside the archive that is being played?

xbmc.Player().getPlayingFile() returns full archive path, but file inside the archive is not returned.

path inside the archive is being output to the log:
NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: rar://D%3a%5cmovies%5cMovieFolder%5cmovie.rar/movie.mkv

i need to read first couple of MBs of movie file to calculate hash
that is needed to get subtitles from subtitle service (the service works on hashes only).
That is the path to the moviefile. rar://<url encoded path to archive>/<path in archive>.

You can use the xbmcvfs to read the data.
yes, that is my current workaround.
however a rar technically could contain multiple mkvs, what then?

DVDPlayer knows this, it is logged, so if there is a way to access this from python addon code could be cleaner.
Hi,
recently noticed that you can now download subtitles for unpacked video.
Unfortunately subtitles do not match the video.
The reason seems to be wrong hash. For unwrapped material subtitles are downloaded correctly.

If you need someone to test gladly help
the fix i submitted was only for napiprojekt subtitle plugin.
it enabled the plugin to find subtitles for videos inside archives.

are we talking about the same issue?
yes, I also checked napiprojekt
can you provide a sample video file?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Subtitles and compressed movie0