Is XBMC possible on Logitech Revue (Google TV)
I apologize that the truth can at times be construed as offensive...So if you prove a Dev wrong thats disrespectful and a bannable offence? What is this NGMC (Nazi Germany Media Center)? And yes I have been working with XAFs custom build and its a cluster of F$%&.... I'm removing the device scan object and Im currently examining the armeabi-v7a lib to see what objects absoultely have to require arm architecture. Once I've Identified those all that needs to be done is remake/reauth. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im in the middle of an update cycle for my android apps so its not far off for me to work on this in my spare time. Oh I just read the rules and it says your mother calls my mother next?...and then you cry in your room?
@TheKrimzonGhost: take some time to cool down.

we'll see you again next week.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
You didnt read what I said and totally missed the point of my question davilla

(2013-02-28, 08:35)TheKrimzonGhost Wrote: What architecture will the OUYA be? It seems to me that xbmc is somewhat invested in OUYA and it could be possible that x86 poses some type of threat to your flagship?...

(2013-02-28, 15:59)davilla Wrote: @TheKrimzonGhost, XBMC runs just fine on OUYA Smile It was shown at SCALE.

As far as GTV, put your money where you mouth is please, youtube video or it never happened Smile

Now we have made a few discoveries with the Logitech revue we believe it is soft mod-able I can post a logcat to show where you can "punch the hole". We found the jailbreak in Chmod by accident thanks for not making a x86 library for android by the way. We are asking that you give us a compressed package with the pre .so files that exist in the armabi xbmc lib. The files that exist at Git hub are either poorly labled or scattered.

PS: please dont ban a member again for being critical remember "Critics are our friends they show us our flaws"
I believe Logitech shot themselves in the foot with their TV CAM / UVC Camera it needs to jailbreak chmod every time it initializes. I'll post Logcat tomorrow.
Quote:Secondly gtv is android get your F'ing facts straight

I would expect a so called Dev. to know that. You just dont want to admit that that you did a sloppy job of injecting your xml and python libraries into a java form factor

It seems to me that xbmc is somewhat invested in OUYA and it could be possible that x86 poses some type of threat to your flagship?...

What is this NGMC (Nazi Germany Media Center)?

Oh I just read the rules and it says your mother calls my mother next?...and then you cry in your room?

PS: please dont ban a member again for being critical remember "Critics are our friends they show us our flaws"
I'm no dev but maybe the reason you got banned is the XBMC-team doesn't need someone coming on their website, acting in an unfriendly and disrespectful manner (which you were) and then asking for help in developing something?

I'm sorry, but who are you to determine what XBMC's code should and shouldn't look like? Being a dev is just as much about being part of a community as it knowing how to code.

Being respectful = being a good human being. Don't want to play by those rules, stay away from the humans and go play with the animals.

Look back through your posts and see how disrespectful you were. It's not that you question the XBMC-team's methods, it's that you managed to use an offensive tone in every single post.
(2013-03-09, 05:18)jhhoffma Wrote:
Quote:Secondly gtv is android get your F'ing facts straight

I would expect a so called Dev. to know that. You just dont want to admit that that you did a sloppy job of injecting your xml and python libraries into a java form factor

It seems to me that xbmc is somewhat invested in OUYA and it could be possible that x86 poses some type of threat to your flagship?...

What is this NGMC (Nazi Germany Media Center)?

Oh I just read the rules and it says your mother calls my mother next?...and then you cry in your room?

I'm no dev but maybe the reason you got banned is the XBMC-team doesn't need someone coming on their website, acting in an unfriendly and disrespectful manner (which you were) and then asking for help in developing something?

I'm sorry, but who are you to determine what XBMC's code should and shouldn't look like? Being a dev is just as much about being part of a community as it knowing how to code.

Being respectful = being a good human being. Don't want to play by those rules, stay away from the humans and go play with the animals.

Look back through your posts and see how disrespectful you were. It's not that you question the XBMC-team's methods, it's that you managed to use an offensive tone in every single post.

Speaking of animals get off of your high horse and contribute at least Im trying to bring something to the "community" .

And Implying that I am a drug addict and a horrible human isn't disrespectful interesting. Where is kricker when you need him.
See you in three months. Next time it's permanent.
Quote:See you in three months. Next time it's permanent
Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Drug addict? I missed that somehow. The lady doth protest to much, methinks .
Lightbulb 
So, I'd hate to start another banning spree on here, and promise to be respectful of WHATEVER a seasoned xbmc dev has to say; but would the above be possible on a second gen google TV which is ARM such as the Sony NSZ-GS7.

I've seen there is a stable release of xbmc for android and was thinking it would be awesome to make it a little less stable by putting it on gtv. Big Grin Of course I'd like to get some degree of usefulness out of it. Do you think it would be at all stable if I were to simply recompile in eclipse w/o device check limitations?

I'm willing to try myself but am not an android or java dev, but rather C/C++/C# guy. This would be a first crack.

OR SHALL I JUST STICK TO PLEX Huh
We're just waiting for Google to one day release some kind of SDK for Google TV. It's certainly possible, but just not practical until that happens.
(2013-05-06, 21:17)Ned Scott Wrote: We're just waiting for Google to one day release some kind of SDK for Google TV. It's certainly possible, but just not practical until that happens.

I assume you mean something above and beyond this? https://developers.google.com/tv/android/docs/gtv_addon

Previous posts mentioned needs to access non-public OS modules of GTV. Are these features that would normally be available to a standard android device and are locked down on GTV, or is this additional stuff needed just because it's GTV and limited/different hardware profile?

I'm just curious why GTV is, in general, such a failure amungst developers. Seems like no one wants to latch on to the concept, or it's not worth the time invested. Has Google really done such a terrible job for developers that something as basic to it's survival as a media server client does not have the tools it needs to provide similar content as a tablet?
Remember, Google TV was planned to be the means for an over the top cable service that would seamlessly meld video and web content into a smorgasbord of adver-info-tainment, until the ugly reality of the entrenched content/delivery chaebols squashed that ambition like a squished thing.

My understanding is that google TV is starved for resources inside the Android team, and that no-one there really wants to work on it. I would call it dead. Or dead-ish. There's a lot a sweet hardware about that can run XBMC without a public SDK that may never happen.
Quote:Has Google really done such a terrible job for developers that something as basic to it's survival as a media server client does not have the tools it needs to provide similar content as a tablet?

I'm not a developer myself, but that has been my impression. There's some oddities about Android that really make one wonder, like the even wider issue of nonstandard/public APIs for hardware video decoding across all Android hardware.
(2013-05-07, 05:42)DrowningApe Wrote: There's a lot a sweet hardware about that can run XBMC without a public SDK that may never happen.
I suspect that the demand is from people who have a GTV box and want to make it useful.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is XBMC possible on Logitech Revue (Google TV)0