[RELEASE] SubCentral.de - Quality subtitles for tv-shows (DE/EN)
Hi,
this is a subtitle add-on for SubCentral.de! (DE/EN)

Because there is no Api or direct search for subtitles availabe on subcentral.de, I implemented a google custom search.
Alternative to the search, you can navigate to the wanted subtitles, as on the board.

There is a total (not per user!) daily limit of 100 search requests. The required info for the search comes from the db, dirname or filename.
If the daily limit is reached or the search returns no results, you can navigate to the subtitles. I tried to make it as comfortable as possible.

Of course, you need to be registered at SubCentral.de!

How to use this add-on:
1. Push the OSD subtitle button while watching tv-shows
2. Select the SubCentral.de subtitle add-on *
3. Search or navigate to the wanted subtitle

* The subtitle add-on selection only appears once. If you are already using another subtitle add-on, you can change the default add-on via:
Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> Settings -> Add-on -> Subtitle add-on

Add-on settings:
- Username & Password
- Subtitle language
- Enable backward navigation
- Pause on start
- Archive subtitles (in the directory of the played file)

You can also add tv-shows to favourites, so that you dont have to always navigate through the full list.

Please let me know if you find any non working or missing tv-show/subtitle, so I can try to fix that...

You can install it via my testing repo!
good one... any reason you dont want it as service in existing addon?

note that we are working on decoupling GUI and service part of teh addon, so in future each service author will send services directly to Official Repo instead to me for inclusion in Subtitle addon.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2225
thanks a lot. haven't tried it yet but i am searching for a good solution to grab german subtitles within xbmc for ages.
v1.0.3:
- Added setting for subtitle language
- Fixed bug while searching (when accessing a thread the first time)
- Fixed bug while changing the settings (they were not reloaded until next addon start)

(2013-02-25, 08:41)amet Wrote: good one...
Whats so funny about another subtitle add-on? It works very well...

(2013-02-25, 08:41)amet Wrote: any reason you dont want it as service in existing addon?
I first was thinking of adding it to your xbmc subtitles addon - but there are some specific reasons why I did not:
The main reason was, that I have no experience with real "scripts" - I just made simple plugins till now. And I was to lazy on how to get started with your subtitle script. Wink
Also, a important point is, that I initially dont planned to integrate a search function because it wasnt directly possible on SubCentral.de.
I needed a easy and comfortable way to navigate to the wanted subs. So I decided to use the simple xbmcgui.Dialog() for navigation.
But afer integrating a google custom search, I think the main reason for not adding it to your popular subtitle script is the daily limit of 100 search requests. It would certainly not take long until the limit is reached...
SubCentral.de is the best german source for tv-show subtitles. Currently, there are no sites available in the xbmc subtitles script, which offers german subs. So, thats all I need.

(2013-02-25, 08:41)amet Wrote: note that we are working on decoupling GUI and service part of teh addon, so in future each service author will send services directly to Official Repo instead to me for inclusion in Subtitle addon.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2225
This sounds interesting! If its all running, I will have a look at. Maybe I will then add it...

(2013-02-25, 10:32)marv_el Wrote: thanks a lot. haven't tried it yet but i am searching for a good solution to grab german subtitles within xbmc for ages.
I hope it works well for you - Please let me know if you find any bugs or you have suggestions on how to improve it...
(2013-02-25, 11:09)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:

nothing at all... I said "good one" ... as in "nice one" or "well done" .. or...
(2013-02-25, 13:59)amet Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 11:09)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:

nothing at all... I said "good one" ... as in "nice one" or "well done" .. or...
Sorry Wink
I only knew "good one..." as a sarcastic way to criticise someone...
Then, of course, I have to thank you for your compliment! Smile
(2013-02-25, 15:45)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 13:59)amet Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 11:09)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Whats so funny about another subtitle add-on? It works very well...

Sorry Wink
I only knew "good one..." as a sarcastic way to criticise someone...
Then, of course, I have to thank you for your compliment! Smile

oh god no, I was just asking why not use the existing one... and wanted to point out that we will decouple it
v1.0.4:
- Fixed url encoding problem
- Improved custom search

Edit:
v1.0.5:
- Improved subtitle listing
- Improved custom search
sorry, haven't yet got time to test it, but i will. hopefully at weekend...
(2013-03-01, 17:19)marv_el Wrote: sorry, haven't yet got time to test it, but i will. hopefully at weekend...
No problem Wink

Again, a lot of changes/fixes with v1.0.6!
You can now install it via my testing repo, so you dont have to always update via zip...
v1.0.7 is now available via the testing repo...
v1.0.8 is now available via the testing repo...
this is so awesome!
thanks a lot (vielen Dank - klasse Arbeit!)
(2013-04-01, 12:46)mastermischke Wrote: this is so awesome!
thanks a lot (vielen Dank - klasse Arbeit!)
Thanks! Nice to hear... Smile
Hello i will subetitel for german i have sub not all germany please all germany i am deaf

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SubCentral.de - Quality subtitles for tv-shows (DE/EN)1