This add-on will close or minimize XBMC, launch Steam in Big Picture Mode and when Steam BPM is exited (either by quitting steam or returning to the desktop) XBMC will restart or maximize. It works with Windows, Linux and OSX (With OSX xbmc will only restart after quiting steam completely). A nice bonus is Steam also comes with a full featured web browser that can be controlled with a game pad or remote and plays back flash content. XBMCbuntu users read here first. Linux users need the program 'wmctrl' installed and to make the included steam-launch.sh script executable, this can be done via the addon settings.
- Select whether to quit XBMC: Options are Yes, No and Ask.
- Set the paths for both XBMC and Steam.
- Delete scripts and update on next run - delete the OS specific scripts out of the profile://addon_data directory and copy them from the addon install directory the next time the addon is run. This is handy if you want to go back to the default scripts or if the bundled scripts have been updated. Only the script file will be deleted and the setting is turned off (to default) when run once.
- Configurable timeout for 'Busy Dialog" after running addon.
- Toggle script update notification.
- Linux only: Make steam-launch.sh executable on next run - This changes the executable bit on the file 'steam-launch.sh' which is necessary for this addon to run, Linux users need to do this on the first run and after deleting the profile://addon_data scripts. This setting defaults to off after being run once.
- Windows only: Use a Batch file to launch scripts - This uses a batch file as in previous version which should hopefully workaround the 'nothing happening' issue some people have been having. GUI settings for XBMC + Steam paths and whether to quit XBMC have no effect with this setting enabled, the options are configured via steam-launch.bat, located in userdata/addon_data/script.steam.launcher/scripts/ , with instructions located in file itself. steam-launch.bat is not deleted by the addon or updates and if it does not exist it will be copied to the userdata directory on first run with the option enabled, along with launchhidden-bat.vbs
The scripts used by this addon can be customised to suit your needs, they reside in profile://addon_data/scripts folder. They are copied into that directory from the addon install directory on first run and they will not be over written with updates, only via the advanced addon settings. In either SteamLauncher-AHK.ahk or steam-launch.sh the line steam.launcher.script.revision=001 is what the addon reads to determine if the scripts are up to date, set it to 999 for custom scripts.
Steam, Linux and Lirc.
Speeding up Steam and installing on a SSD.
Steam Launcher with XBMCbuntu.
SteamOS + Ubuntu
For automatic updates you can install my repo. Code can be found on GitHub.
To people using my repo: Due to a change in the way that github handles links a manual update to v1.0.1 is required. This solves xbmc on linux crashing when checking for updates. Link in first post updated and it can also be downloaded from https://github.com/teeedubb/teeedubb-xbm....teeedubb/