• 31(current)
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi
@Raytestrak You need a udev rule to disable/enable xbmc's joystick support as a workaround , although there is a bug in xbmc 13 and for me the controller stops working after media playback (it has to do with SDL + auto refresh rate switching and appears to be fixed in helix).

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1754880

@boe2 not sure what's up, that's strange as the correct driver is being loaded...
(2014-09-01, 23:41)teeedubb Wrote: @boe2 not sure what's up, that's strange as the correct driver is being loaded...

Same here. Multiple LEDs.

Code:
filename:       /lib/modules/3.13.0-35-generic/updates/dkms/xpad.ko

and

Code:
[    4.478164] xpad: module verification failed: signature and/or  required key missing - tainting kernel

I just rebooted my HTPC and turned on the controller while xbmc is starting and now I have one led. Dmesg and modinfo are the same.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Hi I decided to rebuild and update to the newest xbmc. This was one of the features I wanted to get running first and have been having problems. It ran fine on version 12 for me.

I installed via the zip file and like a previous user received an error when trying to launch.

I checked to see if there were any missing files like mentioned in the other users case and all 4 files were located in the appropriate place.

Here is the log info for the error.

Quote:16:47:33 T:3400 INFO: initializing python engine.
16:47:33 T:3400 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(12, C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.steam.launcher\default.py): start processing
16:47:33 T:3400 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:47:33 T:3400 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(12, C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.steam.launcher\default.py): the source file to load is "C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.steam.launcher\default.py"
16:47:33 T:3400 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(12, C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.steam.launcher\default.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.steam.launcher;C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.chardet\lib;C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simplejson\lib;C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.module.pil\lib;C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\lib;C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.unidecode\lib;C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests\lib;C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.grab.fanart\default.py;C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\xbmc.debug\;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files\XBMC\python27.zip;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files\XBMC;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\lib\site-packages
16:47:33 T:3400 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(12, C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.steam.launcher\default.py): entering source directory C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.steam.launcher
16:47:33 T:3400 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(12, C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.steam.launcher\default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.steam.launcher" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
16:47:33 T:3400 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: ****Running Steam-Launcher....
16:47:33 T:3400 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: running on osAndroid, osOsx, osLinux, osWin: 0 0 0 1
16:47:33 T:3400 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: usr scripts are set to be checked for updates...
16:47:33 T:3400 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: usr scripts are not set to be deleted, running version check
16:47:33 T:3400 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: sys "steam.launcher.script.revision=": 005
16:47:33 T:3400 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: usr "steam.launcher.script.revision=": 005
16:47:33 T:3400 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: userdata script are up to date
16:47:33 T:3400 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: skipping deleting userdata scripts, option disabled: delUserScriptSett = false
16:47:33 T:3400 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: script file already exists, skipping copy to userdata: C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\LaunchHidden.vbs
16:47:33 T:3400 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: script file already exists, skipping copy to userdata: C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\SteamLauncher-AHK.ahk
16:47:33 T:3400 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: script file already exists, skipping copy to userdata: C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\SteamLauncher-AHK.exe
16:47:33 T:3400 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: running program file check, option is enabled: filePathCheck = true
16:47:33 T:3400 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: pre steam script: false
16:47:33 T:3400 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: post steam script: false
16:47:33 T:3400 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: quit setting selected: 1
16:47:33 T:3400 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: attempting to launch: cscript //B //Nologo "C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\LaunchHidden.vbs" "C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\SteamLauncher-AHK.exe" "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" "C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" "1" "false" "false" "false"
16:47:33 T:3400 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: ERROR: failed to launch: cscript //B //Nologo "C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\LaunchHidden.vbs" "C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\SteamLauncher-AHK.exe" "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" "C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" "1" "false" "false" "false"
16:47:33 T:3400 DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: no strings.po file exist at C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.steam.launcher\resources\language\English, fallback to strings.xml
16:47:33 T:3400 INFO: CPythonInvoker(12, C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.steam.launcher\default.py): script successfully run
16:47:33 T:2752 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
16:47:33 T:3400 INFO: Python script stopped
16:47:33 T:3400 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 3400 terminating
16:47:35 T:3152 DEBUG: webserver: request received for /jsonrpc
16:47:37 T:2752 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
16:47:37 T:2752 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x01, sym: 0x001b, unicode: 0x001b, modifier: 0x0
16:47:37 T:2752 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: escape (0xf01b) pressed, action is PreviousMenu
16:47:37 T:2752 DEBUG: CGUIWindowManager:TonguereviousWindow: Deactivate
16:47:37 T:2752 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (MyPrograms.xml) ------
16:47:37 T:2752 DEBUG: CGUIWindowManager:TonguereviousWindow: Activate new
16:47:37 T:2752 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Home.xml) ------
What happens when you run the following from a command prompt?

Code:
cscript //B //Nologo "C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\La​unchHidden.vbs" "C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\St​eamLauncher-AHK.exe" "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" "C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" "1" "false" "false" "false"
Im sorry im not that familiar with xbmc outside of the gui. Do you mean from windows command prompt or from within the command line? Also I tried bringing up the command line like i use to I thought it was ctrl+alt+f1 but that did nothing.

Thanks for your quick reply and help
Paste that command into the windows command prompt. I'm not at a PC but from memory open the start menu and type in cmd, then hit enter to open a command prompt.
Thanks just wasnt sure if you meant something within XBMC

Nothing happens and I dont get any error within the cmd prompt
Hmmm.. Can you try

Code:
"C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\La​​unchHidden.vbs" "C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\St​​eamLauncher-AHK.exe" "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" "C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" "1" "false" "false" "false"

And if that doesn't work:

Code:
"C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\St​​eamLauncher-AHK.exe" "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" "C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" "1" "false" "false" "false"

Also exactly which version of windows are you using?
Im running it on Vista home basic. its what I had sitting around unfortunately.

Both come back not recognized as internal or external command.
Weird... Going by the log file those files should exist in those locations, I don't know why you would be getting the 'not recognized command...' error. Of you navigate to "C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\" can you rum the ahk exe file by double clicking on it?

Oh and you ran all the commands in one line right?
If i run the ahk from the file I get "this script requires arguments but it only received 0" dialog.

Thanks for the help so far.
OK so the ahk script runs under vista. What if you navigate to the folder via the command line and then run the steam-launcher-ahk.exe file? A stab in the dark but I'm running out of ideas and I don't have a vista machine to test on.
Oh and try disabling any antivirus software you might have running.
ok I tried navigating to the file and it didnt work but I noticed an error in the previous command I copied and pasted I fixed that and it worked. So I went back into xbmc set up the launcher to it own menu item and it seems to be working fine. I have no idea what changed.

Thanks a ton for your effort though.
Cool, glad it got sorted.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi7