• 33(current)
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi
(2014-09-24, 15:52)Raytestrak Wrote: Have you purged the non-official ppa's? I have hardware acceleration with the default driver. It broke with the one in wsnipex ppa, after removing it, I had hardware acceleration back (which I don't really understand, I thought it had to be 1.3.2 and it's 1.3.0 now according to vainfo).

Controller seems to be working fine now.

Removed the PPA, but I put it back after I saw XBMCbuntu still uses the 1.3.0 drivers.

Since you claim the 1.3.0 works and currently I got nothing working, I might as well remove it again, I guess. I'll check tonight.

*edit* nope Sad
Using XBMCbuntu on Intel NUC DN2820FYKH
I'm having issues getting my 360 wired controller to work in Steam BPM:

Code:
xbmc@zotac:~$ sudo rmmod xpad && sudo modprobe xpad
xbmc@zotac:~$ dmesg | grep -i 'taint'
[   13.292722] xpad: module verification failed: signature and/or  required key missing - tainting kernel

I have 1 solid LED on the flashing ring.
I have been having issues with the "port 8080 is still open after closing Steam" problem. You should probably add close_fds=True to your subprocess.Popen call in default.py to avoid the problem altogether. This option closes all file descriptors (and in effect ports) when it forks the subprocess.
@swaggerwocky - the tainted message means the valve driver is being used, have you upgraded to the latest version from the steamos ppa?

@Lord_Gaav Nice one! I wasnt sure how to fix that problem, close_fds=True fixes it. Ill update the addon in the next few days. Thanks!
Yup! steamos-xpad 0.3 from the PPA listed in the guide. I've tried dkms-reconfigure to no avail, as well.
Hmmm .. what does the command "modinfo xpad" show?
(2014-09-29, 01:15)teeedubb Wrote: @Lord_Gaav Nice one! I wasnt sure how to fix that problem, close_fds=True fixes it. Ill update the addon in the next few days. Thanks!

I've sent a Pull Request your way on Github: https://github.com/teeedubb/teeedubb-xbmc-repo/pull/2
(2014-09-29, 01:29)teeedubb Wrote: Hmmm .. what does the command "modinfo xpad" show?

Code:
filename:       /lib/modules/3.16.3-031603-generic/updates/dkms/xpad.ko
license:        GPL
description:    X-Box pad driver
author:         Marko Friedemann <[email protected]>
srcversion:     44C814F41007F48B079C293
alias:          usb:v24C6p*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip81in*
alias:          usb:v24C6p*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip01in*
alias:          usb:v1689p*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip81in*
alias:          usb:v1689p*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip01in*
alias:          usb:v0F0Dp*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip81in*
alias:          usb:v0F0Dp*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip01in*
alias:          usb:v1BADp*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip81in*
alias:          usb:v1BADp*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip01in*
alias:          usb:v146Bp*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip81in*
alias:          usb:v146Bp*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip01in*
alias:          usb:v1430p*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip81in*
alias:          usb:v1430p*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip01in*
alias:          usb:v12ABp*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip81in*
alias:          usb:v12ABp*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip01in*
alias:          usb:v0E6Fp*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip81in*
alias:          usb:v0E6Fp*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip01in*
alias:          usb:v0738p4540d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v0738p*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip81in*
alias:          usb:v0738p*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip01in*
alias:          usb:v046Dp*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip81in*
alias:          usb:v046Dp*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip01in*
alias:          usb:v045Ep*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc47ipD0in*
alias:          usb:v045Ep*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip81in*
alias:          usb:v045Ep*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip01in*
alias:          usb:v*p*d*dc*dsc*dp*ic58isc42ip00in*
depends:        ff-memless
vermagic:       3.16.3-031603-generic SMP mod_unload modversions
parm:           dpad_to_buttons:Map D-PAD to buttons rather than axes for unknow         n pads (bool)
parm:           triggers_to_buttons:Map triggers to buttons rather than axes for          unknown pads (bool)
parm:           sticks_to_null:Do not map sticks at all for unknown pads (bool)
@Lord_Gaav Thanks, changes have been merged. Ill release a new version when I get home, probably tomorrow.

@swaggerwocky going by the dates on the ppa and valves driver on git hub the ppa has the latest version. Try it with steamos and if you still have the issue open a bug report against the driver. I'll test out my wired controller with steamos in the next few days.
Welp, got my wired controller to work! This post helped a lot: http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410/dis...3355091680
Cool. I remember having to add a udev rule for the controller a while ago. I'll add it to the how to.
(2014-09-24, 02:19)teeedubb Wrote: Try the following from a command prompt

Code:
cscript //B //Nologo "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\LaunchHidden.vbs" "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\SteamLauncher-AHK.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe" "0" "false" "false" "false"

Then

Code:
"C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\LaunchHidden.vbs" "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\SteamLauncher-AHK.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe" "0" "false" "false" "false"

Then

Code:
"C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\SteamLauncher-AHK.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe" "0" "false" "false" "false"

Tried this and only the first one is accepted, the other two give the error: "the system cannot find the path specified." Weird because I looked and the files are there; XBMC and Steam are in those locations, as well as the script files. Also tried deleting the add-on and redownloading from your repository, still nothing. Any ideas?
Hmmm that has me stumped, especially the "the system cannot find the path specified." error. What is the output of the command:

Code:
cd "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\" && dir steam* /s && dir LaunchHidden* /s

What happens if you navigate to "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\sc​ripts\" via windows explorer and run "SteamLauncher-AHK.exe"?
Version 2.1.0 in first post:
Quote:Added close_fds=True to the subprocess.Popen call. Prevents the webserver port from being held in linux and renders launchhidden.vbs in windows obsolete. Thanks Lord_Gaav!
Removed LaunchHidden.vbs.
Added custom icon to AHK script + cleaned/fixed it up a bit.
Tiny cleanup to steam-launch.sh, no version bump.
Added a bit more logging to default.py
Anyone have any luck getting vaapi hardware decoder working with wsnipex's vaapi driver? I installed the 32-bit driver package with no luck either.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi7