• 34(current)
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi
(2014-09-30, 08:16)swaggerwocky Wrote: Anyone have any luck getting vaapi hardware decoder working with wsnipex's vaapi driver? I installed the 32-bit driver package with no luck either.

I've still got hardware decoding, but without an additional vaapi ppa, is there a way I can make a list of installed packages/ppa's that can help. Maybe we can figure out why it's still working for me.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
dpkg -l | grep PACKAGENAME or apt-cache policy PACKANENAME. you can use first command to search for part of a package name, ie vaapi. Ppa's are in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
(2014-10-01, 22:55)teeedubb Wrote: dpkg -l | grep PACKAGENAME or apt-cache policy PACKANENAME. you can use first command to search for part of a package name, ie vaapi. Ppa's are in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

I didn't filter anything, so here's an overview of everything I have installed. I still don't get why I have hardware decoding, the driver I'm running shouldn't be capable of it.

http://pastebin.com/pbpxkd8v

teeedubb,

I've been reading several sites and forums, and I've watched a couple of Youtube videos, and your work seems amazing. The only downside is that I cannot get it working. I'm trying to get it going on Ubuntu. I've tried different methods on different versions of Ubuntu, and I've run into different issues. The closest I've gotten is where I am now again. Everything appears to be perfect now, except when I click on the Steam icon in XBMC, it says "working..." in the lower right corner for about 10 seconds, and then nothing happens.

I haven't been using Linux for long, and I'm very new to customizing things like this, so I'm not sure where to go from here. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything (including the OS) several times following different sets of instructions, and this is the closest I've been. I don't really know where to look in logs or anything, but I did look in ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log and it says:
10:39:23 T:2863946560 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: Steam executable existis /usr/bin/steam
10:39:23 T:2863946560 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: Xmbc executable existis /usr/bin/xbmc
10:39:23 T:2863946560 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: pre steam script: false
10:39:23 T:2863946560 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: post steam script: false
10:39:23 T:2863946560 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: quit setting selected: 0
10:39:23 T:2863946560 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: attempting to launch: "/home/yilduz/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.steam.launcher/scripts/steam-launch.sh" "/usr/bin/steam" "/usr/bin/xbmc" "0" "false" "false" "false"
10:39:23 T:2863946560 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: busy dialog started
10:39:33 T:2863946560 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: busy dialog stopped after: 10 seconds

I don't know where else to look. I'm looking for some help/advice.
Thank you.
Do you get any output when you run the following from a terminal

"/home/yilduz/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.steam.launcher/scripts/steam-launch.sh" "/usr/bin/steam" "/usr/bin/xbmc" "0" "false" "false" "false"
If I do that, it says:
bash: /home/yilduz/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.steam.launcher/scripts/steam-launch.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
Ffs... The script doesn't have proper line endings - I edited the script on a windows box. Install v2.0.0 from first page, I'll fix it up tomorrow.

Oh and make sure to delete the user scripts in the add-on settings too.
(2014-10-02, 09:15)Raytestrak Wrote:
(2014-10-01, 22:55)teeedubb Wrote: dpkg -l | grep PACKAGENAME or apt-cache policy PACKANENAME. you can use first command to search for part of a package name, ie vaapi. Ppa's are in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

I didn't filter anything, so here's an overview of everything I have installed. I still don't get why I have hardware decoding, the driver I'm running shouldn't be capable of it.

http://pastebin.com/pbpxkd8v

I just decided to dual boot ubuntu and steamOS. Not a seamless experience, but at least everything works out of the box (xb1/dualshock 4 controllers support with rumble on alchemist_beta 137+! ) with no issues. Shadowplay is amazing as well, getting 60 FPS on beautiful settings is too good.
2.1.1 in first post:

Quote:Fix line endings in steam-launch.sh
Ok, I got hardware acceleration in Steam to work. wsnipex's vaapi driver and the default ones didn't work for me, so I went looking further. I ended up at the Official intel graphics installer, which automatically downloads and updates the most suitable drivers for your system, straight from Intel. After doing this, I regained full hardware decoding for Steam streaming Smile
If you got wsnipex's PPA installed, I recommend you fully remove it first (ppa-purge), as in my case these intel drivers were lower version than wsnipex's drivers.

First, install some prerequisites:
Code:
sudo apt-get install libpackagekit-glib2-16 ttf-ancient-fonts packagekit apt-transport-https

Download and run the installer:
Code:
wget https://download.01.org/gfx/ubuntu/14.04/main/pool/main/i/intel-linux-graphics-installer/intel-linux-graphics-installer_1.0.6-0intel1_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i intel-linux-graphics-installer_1.0.6-0intel1_amd64.deb

The installer itself is a graphical tool. If you are running these commands over SSH, you'll need to prefix them with DISPLAY=:0 so it gets launched on your mediacenter screen.
Code:
sudo DISPLAY=:0 intel-linux-graphics-installer

Just to be sure, when the tool has finished, run an apt-get update/upgrade again, in my case it found an extra vdpau update from the intel repo. vainfo now shows the following info:
Code:
libva info: VA-API version 0.35.1
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_35
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA-API version: 0.35 (libva 1.3.1)
vainfo: Driver version: Intel i965 driver for Intel(R) Bay Trail - 1.3.2

And Steam reports full hardware decoding Smile
Using XBMCbuntu on Intel NUC DN2820FYKH
Unfortunately for me it screws up steam. Weird colors around the icons. No issues in-game though. Except for performance, but that has nothing to do with this add-on (not that driver updates do on the other hand). I'd think an i7@4,5 gHz combined with a R9 280X and 24GB of ram would suffice, but Metro: Last Lights hits 9 fps sometimes Sad

Edit:

I also get an error after installing this driver while doing an apt-get update:
W: GPG error: https://download.01.org trusty InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY A902DDA375E52366. Fixed it with:

Code:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys A902DDA375E52366

ah yes, I forgot about the public key Smile

I have a few corrupted icons with these drivers, yes. But that's a really minor issue that hopefully solves itself as intel updates it's drivers in the future. The game streams get rendered flawlessly, and that is what's important for me.
Using XBMCbuntu on Intel NUC DN2820FYKH
(2014-10-06, 13:32)boe2 Wrote: I have a few corrupted icons with these drivers, yes.

Would have been nice to have mentioned that ... I already had hardware decoding, but since I'm a sucker for updates (near to OCD) I now still have hardware decoding AND a messed up user interface.

(2014-09-30, 04:15)teeedubb Wrote: Hmmm that has me stumped, especially the "the system cannot find the path specified." error. What is the output of the command:

Code:
cd "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\" && dir steam* /s && dir LaunchHidden* /s

What happens if you navigate to "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\sc​ripts\" via windows explorer and run "SteamLauncher-AHK.exe"?

Running that command in cmd gives me:

Code:
C:\>cd "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\" && dir steam* /s && dir LaunchHid
en* /s
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is B099-3C8C

Directory of C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.steam.launcher\
esources\scripts

10/03/2014  06:12 PM             3,594 steam-launch.sh
10/03/2014  06:12 PM             2,142 SteamLauncher-AHK.ahk
10/03/2014  06:12 PM           577,785 SteamLauncher-AHK.exe
               3 File(s)        583,521 bytes

Directory of C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.st
am.launcher\scripts

09/23/2014  09:42 AM             2,096 SteamLauncher-AHK.ahk
09/23/2014  09:42 AM           812,544 SteamLauncher-AHK.exe
               2 File(s)        814,640 bytes

Total Files Listed:
               5 File(s)      1,398,161 bytes
               0 Dir(s)  661,499,461,632 bytes free
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is B099-3C8C

Directory of C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.st
am.launcher\scripts

09/23/2014  09:42 AM               331 LaunchHidden.vbs
               1 File(s)            331 bytes

Total Files Listed:
               1 File(s)            331 bytes
               0 Dir(s)  661,499,461,632 bytes free

Also running the file directly from Windows Explorer gives me this error:

Code:
This script requires arguments but it only received 0. See script file for details.
I have no idea what is up - the files the addon is trying to launch exist is the correct locations and as running the ahk script via windows explorer throws the above error message it means it is compiled for 32bit machines. The "the system cannot find the path specified." error you get when running the commands manually is really strange because the files do exist... Sorry I'm out of ideas - maybe try googling the "the system cannot find the path specified." error to see if it could be a issue with your system.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi7