problems with pvr connection
Hi. I was hoping to watch live TV on windows 8 computer and downloaded xbmc (frodo 12.0) but am having problems. I have tiny twin DVB-T USB aerial with up todate driver. After installing xbmc I enabled pvr client as add on, and then enabled live tv. The problem is that regardless of which pvr client I use, I get messages saying that the pvr is not connected or connection lost. I guess I am getting something really simple wrong but haven't been able to find any online solutions. Suggestions as to how to successfully hookup to live tv would be appreciated. thanks.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Thank you. I worked through the wiki again. This time I downloaded the updated release of Next pvr client. I also downloaded the patch but was unable to copy it to the program file as I kept receiving a message telling me that the dll file to be replaced was in use. I shut all programs and turned my computer off but still wasn't able to replace the dll for the stated reason. I then enabled the pvr client as an add on and enabled live tv. I do not receive the 'not connected' message but am unable to receive any tv channels. I don't know whether this is relevant or not but the 'search for channels' indicator is greyed out in TV settings. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problems with pvr connection0