• 4(current)
Lenovo Q190 - Test results & 2 questions
Yeah, was going to say, I updated my intel drivers before testing. I'm using DXVA2, but maybe I should disable that like you. Hope all is working out. I'm really liking it!
It is now playing everything that I throw at it . I set it up following the advice found in the xbmc wiki- I checked the device manager . I didn't see the the Intel® Management Engine driver . On the intell download site I was having some issues . It is recommended on the wiki that we install this driver if possible . Have you had any luck?

Opinion - the q190 without skins on frodo doesn't seem to be any faster than my Atv2. I think that my Atv2 on Eden was much faster . Perhaps it is because I installed in on the computer and I am running it off of windows 8.
I plan on trying open election on a USB . I undetstand thst muchvof this might havd to do with my internet connection and extetnal issues. Have you had my
same experience ?

EDIT-I changed to the Axon skin and the performance is much better. I found that Movie 25 had a good share of Dolby True HD Movies. At times Navix is sluggish, gut it probably due to high traffic.
How do you mean it isn't any faster without skins? For me every skin on the Q190 is worlds apart compared to my ATV2. It is as slick as it can be, no lag when loading large lists of films/tv shows, immediate playback when I hit play on any sized video. Steaming from iplayer is in what looks like HD quality, with again almost immediate playback. What kind of network are you running, Wireless or wired?
The Lenovo computer i got only does wireless, my atv was wired. Perhaps I need to investigate the speed of my wireless network . Navigating xbmc , 1channel, Navix is sluggish . Eden was much more responsive on my atv than frodo . I am very pleased with how xbmc plays movies from my external drive. ... I will check the network and try it on another network .
(2013-03-16, 21:16)GRS10605 Wrote: The Lenovo computer i got only does wireless, my atv was wired. Perhaps I need to investigate the speed of my wireless network . Navigating xbmc , 1channel, Navix is sluggish . Eden was much more responsive on my atv than frodo . I am very pleased with how xbmc plays movies from my external drive. ... I will check the network and try it on another network .
I thought you might be interesting in this thread- post #10
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
wait, didn't we buy the same Lenovo unit? I bought the cheapest unit and it has an Ethernet port. Are you sure??
Oh doh! Yeah I have an Ethernet port . When I purchased it I though it I didn't see it in the specs, and I never took more than a quick glance at the back . Stupid -
Can't play few HD rips. I assume this is because of audio settings. When I change audio ooutput to analog it seems working better, but still it is 12-20 frames per second.
Any solution for reducing noise?
What is your current audio set up / settings in XBMC?
(2013-03-18, 17:30)void0 Wrote: Can't play few HD rips. I assume this is because of audio settings. When I change audio ooutput to analog it seems working better, but still it is 12-20 frames per second.
Any solution for reducing noise?
You can find some tips on Frodo audio output settings in this thread- Simplify XBMC configurations......
Anyone with this lenovo unit know how I might get it to boot from USB? I'm trying to give OpenElec a try but despite my attempts to change the BIOS settings I can't get it to boot from USB.
Hi all,

What's the overall verdict on this machine? Would this be a good upgrade from my current ATV1 setup with a CrystalHD card?

BitStreaming/HD Audio is important to me and something I don't currently have available in the above setup, will this Lenovo handle? Would I still be able to run Linux?
It handles BitStreaming/HD Audio no problem. I upgraded from an ATV2. The skins run as smooth as butter too, which for me was a dealbreaker. I think I've read it also handles 3D, but I dont have a 3D AVR to test sadly.
BitStreaming / HD Audio also in linux?

Any valid coupons still?

Anyone have a picture of this setup? trying to gauge the size.
(2013-03-19, 19:03)idlerobbo Wrote: I think I've read it also handles 3D, but I dont have a 3D AVR to test sadly.
If your TV support 3d, you can bypass AVR to test it......
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lenovo Q190 - Test results & 2 questions3