XBMC / NextPVR crash when tuning second channel
Hopefully this is the right place to post. With the involvement of multiple applications I'm not sure exactly where to go, so am starting here.

I am running the latest NextPVR release with all current patches as of today 2/25/13. My tuner is an HDHR Prime. I am running OpenElec 12.0 on Raspberry Pi.

I believe I have the PVR addon setup correct, everything looks good. I see a full guide and no sign of any errors during startup. I can view the guide and choose a channel to watch and it tunes the channel as expected. However, once I stop that feed and select another channel to view from the guide there is a long (minutes) pause while XBMC appears to be working. After a while, it appears that XBMC restarts. I have tried this many times with the same result.

I am able to use NextPVR on the system where it is installed without issue, so I really believe this must have something to do with the integration of XBMC/NextPVR.

Below are the contents of my xbmc.log.old file after this occurs. Based on the timestamps in the files, this is the one that was active when the issue occurred. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Found that I should turn on debugging and also use separate site to post log rather than including directly in post. Sorry for the mistake; generated a log with debugging on and used external site to post.

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1206
For the record, there was patch posted that fixed the problem for eds72. That patch can be found here: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?5...post452959
I installed the patch but am finding a very odd issue now:

I added a collection of movies and began scanning, then I got caught in a loop in what looks like a TV channel (that I'm not sure I have) and a movie (that I know I don't have):

PLAYLIST and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist (2008)

I removed all my movie mounts and rebooted my openELEC box (xtreamer ultra2 running openelec 3.0 RC4) and now no tuners are available when I try to watch a channel (HDHomeRun Prime)
(2013-03-01, 03:57)sub3 Wrote: For the record, there was patch posted that fixed the problem for eds72. That patch can be found here: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?5...post452959

As can happen, life got in the way of me playing with things and following up on this.

Recall that you had asked me to try tuning channels from a different system/program. I used VLC and reproduced the original behavior I described. After applying the patch, VLC worked flawlessly - so I reported success and that was that.

Unfortunately, I've now circled back to get XBMC setup on my RPi and it appears the same issue still exists. Oddly enough, I tried VLC again just to make sure I hadn't stomped something and confirmed that it is still working perfectly.

I have updated NPVR with all the latest patches and downloaded a very recent build of OpenELEC (3.0 RC5, 12 March 2013). Not sure where to go from here.
Oops... accidental post and looks like I cannot delete. Sorry.
Tuning channels on my RPi is much, much worse than on any other platform. Since NextPVR acts the same regardless of client, I believe this is an RPi problem. Have you tried Frodo 12.1?

Martin
Yep, just tried Frodo 12.1. No change; tunes the first channel then becomes non-responsive when I attempt to tune a second. Eventually restarts XBMC.
Did you try from Windows, Mac, or more powerful linux PC?

Martin
I just tried from my Windows PC which is pretty powerful (i7, 8GB, etc). It is the same system running NextPVR. First channel tunes fine. I thought the behavior was going to be the same; tried to tune a second channel and it just started spinning away. I turned around and went back to work on something different and after probably 2 minutes all of a sudden the channel started playing, albeit with lots of video and audio stuttering. Tuned a third channel and saw the same sort of thing; spun for minutes and then finally started playing choppy video/audio.
When you change to another channel are you hitting stop first or just trying to tune another channel?

I have a similar issue to you when I press the stop button and than change channel
but if I just change the channel there is a slight delay and than it starts tuning the new channel

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC / NextPVR crash when tuning second channel0