• 3(current)
Deleting Posts - A Users Questions
Some poor soul reads "Team XBMC Android Staff" and what is he to think ? Same for "Team XBMC Hub Staff" or any other countless variations of "Team XBMC" this or that.
(2013-02-28, 05:03)Bstrdsmkr Wrote: I don't actually know the details of what happened, but there was a disagreement between Mikey and Team-XBMC's amet (hopefully amet will be willing to share his side of what happened)

and Mikey decided to remove the addon from the official repo. That left him with a problem of users suddenly no longer recieving any updates, either from the official repo or from his

personal dropbox repo. To remedy this, he added code which would install the only remaining repo which hosted his addon.

he decided to remove his addon from the repo before his disagreement with me.

I banned him and removed a link to to his so called addon update that installs fusion-hub repo(or whatever the correct name of it it is) without letting users know what it is, then he signed up as new user "FilmOn Inc" to post the addon again, and after I told him to stay the f*** away on addon ML he signed in with "f***you_amet" or something.

similarly, user "xbmchub" has been banned at the same time for breaking two rules, one is the name as per the new rules and other is that posted zip distributed pirate addons, pastpasstv if I am not mistaken
I deleted this post myself Tongue I was still working on this post and used the Back button to discard it all....something happened in between but it was not intentionally posted :S Ohhh the irony Smile
@BartOtten,
Actually this thread is on-topic but I mentioned the previous thread here because it sounded similar.
I hijacked the thread with that.

@Team-XBMC,

Is it possible to get a mature discussion going somewhere concerning "MegaNexus" (u know what i mean) ?
I truly believe that if we get seasoned veterans - people with a few hundred posts -, teammembers and addon-developers (I think those are the requirements) invited to a closed thread, offsite discussion or something similar we can discuss this in a nonviolent, constructive way.
I would love for Team-XBMC to facilitate this discussion / collaboration.

I also believe MegaNexus (!) was created with good intentions and it would be cool to see by what rules it is allowed to operate on and off this forum. BartOtten has shown that he is willing to facilitate changes to the website and the way the addongenerator works. On a personal level, I have offered my expertise as network engineer to help with creating efficiency optimalisations to the workflow and generator design, and I would like to see what we can create together with the XBMC team.
I think that this would be benificial for theXBMC community in general, the XBMC users, the XBMC addon developers and the XBMC website, because a lot of what is created can be applied to the official repositories as well.

this post was edited several times because I can't spell
>implying that any of that was more "on topic"

The topic of the thread is reasons posts and threads have been deleted. I posted a wall of text summing up the history leading to a large chunk of posts and threads being deleted. Members of Team-XBMC followed up with clarifications to my summary. Davilla's comment is about a point I made in my summary and thus still on topic.

Again, if you have a problem with the conduct of XBMChub members, why would you air that here? Some general users confuse the two (thus this situation), but you obviously know better.
You would be best served by visiting the xbmchub site and taking the discussion to the forums there. If for some reason, you feel that's inadequate, I invite you to PM me personally on either site to POLITELY discuss whatever it may be.

If you have questions related to topics or threads being deleted here, I missed them in your post above and I'm sure if you restated them politely and concisely, you'll get much more help
@Bstrdsmkr,
I am not sure who you are talking to in your last post, but if it was me or BartOtten, we are not talking about XBMCHub, but about another repository. We have been discussing that very politely so far and I just asked the team if there was a way we could continue the discussion somewhere. (As I now understand , someone with moderation rights got a bit carried away and deleted the entire thread which was going along quite civil.)
@Kibje, sorry, you replied while I was typing and I was referring to BartOtten
@Kibje: You're referring to SuperRepo? If so, let me first make sure the discussion will stay there once it's opened.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-02-28, 22:41)jmarshall Wrote: @Kibje: You're referring to SuperRepo? If so, let me first make sure the discussion will stay there once it's opened.
Cheers,
Jonathan

Hahaha. Seeing everybody trying to NOT say it's name and now...

I am 99,99% sure he is talking about SR as he talks about me maintaining it and so far it's the only repo I maintain.
I would also like to say that Bstrdsmkr summarized events nicely and as factual as I can remember as well, I'm not very involved into the inner workings of either sites

Don't pin us all into the same bucket if one acts up, actually the info I have read here is a surprise to me as I really have not had any dealings with 'Don' or Adam if that's who he is.. the hub site was started with all the best intentions and meant to do exactly as was said, obey the new forums rules and part ways in a friendly manner.. the two could co-exist without being a sort of enemies, giving us addon devs a place to host support for users

The Mikey/FilmOn situation was unfortunate how everything unfolded.. I truly believe he had no ill intentions and just wanted to keep users of his addon up and running, maybe he was naive to what he was trying to do, but I don't believe he was trying to pull a fast one past the XBMC team..

Question though, this doesn't affect me in any way but I'm curious... since the "xbmchub" ident and thread with link to the repo was created before these new rules, why did you ban rather than sending them a pm asking them to change & moderating the thread to remove the direct link? It wasn't done in defiance against your rules, it was done when it was allowed - well not sure about the link since it was just a link to a repo and the thread was likely the one advertising the Earth Cam addon... and I saw a screenshot of the msg that went along with the ban, very rude and uncalled for, I expect better from this group

2nd question.. what can we do in scenarios when users post asking about addons that are not allowed here? Can I reply with link to the hub site, or even just mention the name to go look there?

Can I mention the hub at all?

I am not here to promote/advertise for it, I respect the rules so I don't talk about the addons here, but would just like to know if I can direct those off this forum so that they don't get themselves into trouble here for starting a thread about it
@jmarshall
Yes I was talking about SuperRepo. I wasn't sure if I could say the name.
You know, rules being a bit unclear at the moment Smile I wasn't taking any chances.

And here I am thinking 'MegaNexus' was close enough without being too obvious...
I had nothing to do with the ban so I can't comment on that.

(2013-02-28, 23:29)Eldorado Wrote: The Mikey/FilmOn situation was unfortunate how everything unfolded.. I truly believe he had no ill intentions and just wanted to keep users of his addon up and running, maybe he was naive to what he was trying to do, but I don't believe he was trying to pull a fast one past the XBMC team..
Whatever his intentions were, he let the add-on install hub's repos in code even though he knew it was not allowed here.

Quote:2nd question.. what can we do in scenarios when users post asking about addons that are not allowed here? Can I reply with link to the hub site, or even just mention the name to go look there?

Can I mention the hub at all?
In my opinion, no. We don't want to have piracy add-ons being discussed here, and also don't want to point users to where they can find it instead cause that's the same to me.

This is my opinion and may not reflect what "Team XBMC" thinks about it.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
For the immediate short term, it's probably best that linking to the hub or encouraging others to go there for help is refrained from until we've come to some decision about how to best handle it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Can SR follow that 'temporary rule' or does SR have to wait?
(2013-03-01, 10:17)jmarshall Wrote: For the immediate short term, it's probably best that linking to the hub or encouraging others to go there for help is refrained from until we've come to some decision about how to best handle it.

Ok thanks, I will refrain from doing so

What would your response be to the user who might be asking about questionable addons? Would it be a ban, or just a thread lock with warning type of deal?

(2013-03-01, 01:11)opdenkamp Wrote: I had nothing to do with the ban so I can't comment on that.

(2013-02-28, 23:29)Eldorado Wrote: The Mikey/FilmOn situation was unfortunate how everything unfolded.. I truly believe he had no ill intentions and just wanted to keep users of his addon up and running, maybe he was naive to what he was trying to do, but I don't believe he was trying to pull a fast one past the XBMC team..
Whatever his intentions were, he let the add-on install hub's repos in code even though he knew it was not allowed here.

Honestly, I didn't even know that the repo was not allowed to be mentioned/linked here until this all happened, was this a recent change? Communicated somewhere?

I had assumed it was fine since I saw it being linked to for other harmless addons in threads, which had been alive for at least 2-3 months.. the one I'm thinking of is the Earth Cam addon, there was likely a couple others but I can't remember them

A bit odd to seek out and retroactively ban someone and delete the thread for an offense that took place before rule changes
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleting Posts - A Users Questions0