Playback Stops and fails to resume
Hi all,

Firstly, I have been using XBMC for the last year or so and love it, it truly is superb so keep up the good work it is very much appreciated.

I have been using all Beta and RC releases of Frodo and last night upgraded to the final release to try and rectify this issue that seems to be intermittant, I dont remember it happening with Eden BTW.

Basically if I am playing a video file, this has happened with both 720 / 1080 mkv and avi containers, sometimes the playback will simply stop and return me to the menu screen. I then have the option to resume but if I choose that it'll just sit there with the 'loading' image and do nothing, XBMC does not crash however and I can start playback from the beginning no problem!

In addition I have serious issue sometimes with fast forwarding to get back to the point playback was at before it stop. If I can get the fast forward to work effectively so quicker than X4, the playback can be resumed just fine but the same thing may happen again at a later stage with the playback stopping.

This has been happening for the last few weeks, since I was using RC2 actually now I think about it.

I am running a Win 7 HP microserver with 8GB ram and a 1GB radeon 5450 graphics card. All media is played from my Synology DS212J Nas through mapped drives on the HTPC, the whole network is wired too. This is a pure HTPC and does not get used for any other purpose, so there is plenty of RAM available when I check task manager.

It seems not to be a problem with the files as it has happened to so many of them!?

Any ideas / help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Mike

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback Stops and fails to resume0