Recording from SAT
Good morning everyone, first post here Big Grin
I have been advised to use XBMC as the media center software for my future HTPC. As my Linux knowledge is little, I rather stick with the Windows version.

The HTPC will be used also for TV (SAT with Oscam and newcamd) recording, and playback, however I have read that XBMC PVR functions are heavily under development.

Questions:

- As for february 2013, how stable are PVR functions? I basically need to select items from an EPG and choose what to record (Oscam involved). Recordings will be used for offline viewing through XBMC
- Are TBS tuners supported?
- Are there any preferred storing strategies, such as NAS, external units, etc?

Thank you
PVR is quite stable to use, only some features are missing or need some more love. Timeshift and tuner support depend on the PVR backend you choose, as XBMC does not directly mess with tuners and connects to those via addons. Support for softcams also depends on the backends, so out of the scope of XBMC. XBMC is only acting as visual frontend to use and partly control the backends. So have a look on which back ends are currently supported by XBMC and then choose one that has all the features you prefer.

BTW,talk about oscam is forbidden on this forum!
Thanks for your reply.

- Are there any well-known TV backends for XBMC?

- Generally speaking, what hardware is supported by XBMC, or does XBMC uses the hardware managed by the operating system?

- Oscam: legit here, no unlawful arguments!

Thanks
see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR

and oscam is not allowed to be discussed here, however you use it, and will result in deletion of the thread and an official warning.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording from SAT0