[RELEASE] video.tsn.ca - Canadian Sports News Website
This is a fairly simple plugin for the website http://video.tsn.ca. I believe that most of the content is geo blocked to Canada (most of the content can't be viewed outside of Canada).

I have set up a repository for this plugin here:
http://teefer-xbmc-repo.googlecode.com/f...lugins.zip

I haven't tested every single clip, but I have tested a few videos from each section and haven't found any issues. The Hockey Canada games on demand, CFL games on demand, and Curling matches on demand are all working.

There are only 2 settings for this addon:
Video Quality - the video.tsn.ca website adaptively determines what quality it wants you to see. However, this plugin cannot do this. Use this video quality setting to set your clip quality. 1 is the lowest quality, 5 is the highest qualtiy. If you have buffering issues or a slow internet connection, try lowering this setting
Number of Clips to Load - By default the plugin will load up to a maximum of 20 clips per section. You can increase this value (by factors of 10) using this setting. A higher number may slow down the page loading in the plugin.

Why did I make this plugin?
I created this plugin because when the tsn website changed dramatically during the 2012 world junior hockey championships, the TSN section in the Canada on Demand plugin broke and hasn't worked since.

Why didn't I just fix the TSN section of the Canada on Demand plugin instead of making a new plugin?
I tried, I really did try to fix it in the Canada on Demand plugin instead of creating a new plugin. Unfortunately for me, the Canada on Demand plugin is very complex and honestly it's over my head. The easiest way (and really the only way I was ever going to get anything working) was to make a very simple separate tsn plugin.

Would I help someone else fix the TSN section of Canada on Demand?
Absolutely! If someone wants to fix the TSN section of the Canada on Demand plugin, I would be more than happy to help them in any way I can. I could provide explanations and links on how to gather the links from tsn and how to determine the final video links (basically I can walk you through how to reverse the video.tsn.ca website). If you would like some assistance or tips on this, either post a message here or or leave me a PM.

Does this work outside of Canada?
I don't think so. I think most of the content is geo blocked to Canada and I don't have the python skills to build in proxy support.

The current version is 0.1.5 - Updated from version 0.1.4 on Mar 20 2013. TSN added adaptive quality to their HTTP streams. The quality now goes to 720p. A quality setting of 5 in the plugin will get you 720p now.
Big Grin thank you so much. This gets me one step closer to canceling my cable all together. The one thing that is holding me back is I love my sports.
HI ,
Excellent Add-on .. love it .
Can it be done for sportsnet also . I have a subscription. so instead of using the browser can i watch through
I have to be honest, I hardly ever go to sportsnet.ca, I always use tsn.ca as my sports news website of choice. I had a look at sportsnet.ca and found they have much of the same clip style news as tsn.ca does. The only other thing I found was they appear to have online Soccer, Cricket, and Rugby (if you have a subscription). Is there anything else that i'm missing? I'm assuming it's the soccer, cricket, and rugby that you are really after?
Thanks for the great plugin. Excellent. work!
I merged your work into the Canada On Demand plugin Smile
I've recently had issues with this plugin now, hasn't updated to new files for the last few days.

Any ideas?

I tried the Canada on Demand plugin as well, but no luck.
I noticed this also. I just went to the tsn website to take a look into this. This plugin is going to video.tsn.ca and getting all the clips from there. I went to video.tsn.ca in my browser and found that it's out of date also. So I went to the tsn.ca website and found that there video section is kind of embedded now (and not nearly as many categories as it has on the video.tsn.ca website).

I also see that the video.tsn.ca website does have some updated clips today so I'm going to hold off on making any updates or changes until I see if tsn really is abandoning the video.tsn.ca part or not..
As of this year's WJHC, you can only find the full games in http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/
noticed when I tried the addon for the first time today, all links were missing content cept the first link. first link talked about if you could see this that i was using an old version of the tsn mobile app and asked me to update to the new app... maybe this has something to do with the issues...
Until I find the time and patience to tinker with XBMC plugins and test support for 4f4 video format, I have settled on a bash script that downloads the videos and stores the FLVs on my NAS so I can watch on my big screen. I am hesitant to share the script because it (unintentionally) circumvents commercials. As annoyed as I am with TSN for killing their streaming service, I still wont begrudge them some ad revenue.

However, if anybody is interesting in getting the source for the purpose of updating the TSN or Canada on Demand plugins (and they already know how to handle f4f in XBMC) then please PM me.
Found an example of what I am hoping is a working implementation of AdobeHDS (f4m) in an XBMC plugin: BBCSports-Addon With all due respect for the effort, the solution is still rather ugly since it still involves storing the videos to disk before playing,

I think I will get through this year with my script added to crontab (and only grabbing games played by team Canada). Just because I feel bad about keeping this to myself, I made a little git repo so others could.
Hmm, doesn't seem to work for me.. I have all the required stuff installed, but it looks like it's not downloading the files.. (I am in canada..)

xbmc@xbmc1:~$ ./get_games.sh
Downloading 2013-12-30 Canada_vs_Slovakia...ls: cannot access *.flv: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/home/xbmc/Movies/211634/*.mp4concatpipe': No such file or directory
Failed
xbmc@xbmc1:~$

Any ideas?
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
I do apologize for the garbage coding practices found here. It started out as a BASH one-liner for a proof of concept, and by 2am it was close to working but had become unweidly as a one liner. Instead of doing the right thing and writing it up in perl or python, I just expanded it out to a BASH script.

Anyway, try removing "> /dev/null" from the ADOBEHDS line. I suspect it is throwing errors, probably because of your php environment. AdobeHDS.php does require a few modules.
No worries Smile That did the trick.. I was missing the curl php module... Thanks for the script!
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] video.tsn.ca - Canadian Sports News Website0