Local Videos Freeze After About 90 Minutes
Hey all, I'm having a program where local videos stored on my 2tb USB drive freeze after about 90-120 minutes. Happens pretty regularly. Here is my setup:

- Macbook Pro 2.7ghz Intel Core i7 with 8gb ram and mountain lion.
- XBMC Frodo Stable
- 2TB External USB Drive (where videos reside). Ports are 2.0, but should be fine to not need 3.0, since it plays so long just fine.
- Direct HDMI connection from my Macbook to my TV, via thunderbolt display port
- No advancedsettings.xml file, as I understand the cache is for network buffering only, and they are not network files (local usb)
- Video files are all 720p (not even 1080p), and average 2gb each.
- Nothing popping up in the error logs that I can see (hence, not attached)

I would understand if they were network files... I could chalk it up to either the cache setting in the xml file, or even my router... but these video files are direct connection to my macbook via USB 2.0 ports. After 90-120 minutes, the video will freeze... no buffering message or anything... if I let it set, it will advance a frame or two about every 3 minutes. If I exit the video, then restart it and fast forward to the place I left off, it works just fine.

It's driving me nuts. Any ideas? Thanks.
next time it freezes, open a terminal or ssh in, 'top' to get the pid, the kill -6 pid, this will force a crashreporter.log and www.pastebin.com that.

this will tell us where it is hanging.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local Videos Freeze After About 90 Minutes0