Req Support for proper display of subchannels in the guide
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_subchannel

Can support be added to PVRDatabase to include subchannels, so that you dont end up with say 3 channel 8's in the guide, instead you would have 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 and so forth?

I tried looking at this myself, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157487
But am not sure how simply changing the required fields from integers to varchar(10) (to match mythtv's database) would affect other PVRs.

I thought a simple change like:
Code:
diff PVRDatabase.cpp PVRDatabase-var.cpp
83c83
< "iClientChannelNumber integer, "
---
> "iClientChannelNumber varchar(10), "
99c99
< // "iClientChannelNumber integer,"
---
> // "iClientChannelNumber varchar(10),"
123c123
< "iChannelNumber integer"
---
> "iChannelNumber varchar(10)"
377c377
< PVRChannelGroupMember newMember = { channel, (unsigned int)m_pDS->fv("iChannelNumber").get_asInt() };
---
> PVRChannelGroupMember newMember = { channel, (unsigned int)m_pDS->fv("iChannelNumber").get_asString() };
724c724
< int iChannelNumber = m_pDS->fv("iChannelNumber").get_asInt();
---
> int iChannelNumber = m_pDS->fv("iChannelNumber").get_asString();
might work... but i wasn't sure what the following did/how it worked:
" int iChannelNumber = m_pDS->fv("iChannelNumber").get_asInt()" here is for, or how that would need to be changed....

along with:
the (unsigned int) after the "," after channel (or what the m_pDS->fv does for that matter)
PVRChannelGroupMember newMember = { channel, (unsigned int)m_pDS->fv("iChannelNumber").get_asString() };

So i hit up IRC #xbmc-pvr
and opdenkamp suggested to add a subchannel type.

but I don't know enough about coding and how things interact - to know where to begin.
Which is why I made this a feature request. But i would be glad to work on it if someone were to help point me the right directions, but i may end up having quite a few questions.
if you disable the "use channel numbers from backend" function in the tv settings xbmc would add those channels with there own number i.e 8.1=8, 8.2=9. 8.3=10, 9=11 in the xbmc channel manager. you could then create a channel group (either in xbmc or via yourbackend) and call it "channel 8" with channels 8-10 in it.

that would at least be a workaround until your request got implemented.
Yeah this works also so does having 3 channel 8's that are selectable. But having it implemented would be real nice.
Thumbs Up 
Big +1 from me on this feature -- every b'cast channel around here is split into 2-5 subchannels. Gets cumbersome and confusing without the specific/correct channel-subchannel displayed.

Right now, trying to figure our what to do with "... add a subchannel type ..."
Although the multiple subchannels DO show up in the channel list -- even though they're all just listed as the same parent channel --
the DON'T appear in the EPG.

In the EPG, only one subchannel of the group appears -- the 1st in list. The other subchannels aren't there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for proper display of subchannels in the guide2