Problems with accented characters in filenames
Hi. Since version 3 of this addon there are two annoying problems with the provider Subdivx (one of the best Spanish subtitles sites):
1) The first is related with the way they represent the number of downloads. They use a colon to separate thousands, which makes the line
downloads = int (matches.group(2)) / 1000 fail, as int will receive a number like 1,200. This wasn't a problem until the number of downloads exceeded 999, which happens now in every subtitle. The solution (found elsewhere in the net) is to change by:
downloads = int(matches.group(2).replace(",","")) / 1000
This works and I implemented it in every update, but it would be desirable to have it corrected in the addon, since it is rather cumbersome to fix it every time.

2) The second problem is far worse. There are some subtitles that contain (in addition to the corresponding subtitle file) a text file with a name using accented characters (i.e. á, é, í, ó, ú) or the Spanish character ñ. This makes the function which iterates through the files fail, so the .rar or .zip file is decompressed but the subtitle is never processed.

Regarding the second problem, an example may be http://www.subdivx.com/bajar.php?id=315267&u=7
This file contains the dreaded accented test file, which is only one of the annoyances (sometimes the subtitle file itself is accented).
Anyway, I am sure there should be some solution. I am pretty sure that version 2.5.16 worked better (but I am not sure if it handled all the cases properly, as this version isn't compatible with Frodo so I can't test it now).
(2013-02-27, 00:59)gboado Wrote: Hi. Since version 3 of this addon there are two annoying problems
I'm sure there are a ton more than that. More annoying results the tone and I don't say anything... Look at that. I did Wink

(2013-02-27, 00:59)gboado Wrote: with the provider Subdivx (one of the best Spanish subtitles sites):
1) The first is related with the way they represent the number of downloads. They use a colon to separate thousands, which makes the line
downloads = int (matches.group(2)) / 1000 fail, as int will receive a number like 1,200. This wasn't a problem until the number of downloads exceeded 999, which happens now in every subtitle. The solution (found elsewhere in the net) is to change by:
downloads = int(matches.group(2).replace(",","")) / 1000
This works and I implemented it in every update, but it would be desirable to have it corrected in the addon, since it is rather cumbersome to fix it every time.
As another one told you in another thread this is already fixed. Seriously you didn't even bother to change a single char in your post? No even to update the status?

(2013-02-27, 00:59)gboado Wrote: 2) The second problem is far worse. There are some subtitles that contain (in addition to the corresponding subtitle file) a text file with a name using accented characters (i.e. á, é, í, ó, ú) or the Spanish character ñ. This makes the function which iterates through the files fail, so the .rar or .zip file is decompressed but the subtitle is never processed.

Regarding the second problem, an example may be http://www.subdivx.com/bajar.php?id=315267&u=7
This file contains the dreaded accented test file, which is only one of the annoyances (sometimes the subtitle file itself is accented).
Anyway, I am sure there should be some solution. I am pretty sure that version 2.5.16 worked better (but I am not sure if it handled all the cases properly, as this version isn't compatible with Frodo so I can't test it now).
READ THE **** POSTING RULES. Please attach a debug code so, since you don't give the details of your configuration (OS, and that other annoying stuff that you don't care about) we can look them up and find out if it's a script issue, config issue or what ever.

Help us help you.

Sorry for the tone but some times one gets tired of saying always the same.

I'll do my best to fix your annoyances.
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

I'm more calmed now. Sorry about that.

Please attach a debugging log as that will help my much with the issue at hand.
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

(2013-02-27, 10:41)jurrabi Wrote: I'm more calmed now. Sorry about that.

Please attach a debugging log as that will help my much with the issue at hand.

OK. Don't worry. It is the same when I ask one of the technicians at work to fill a full Software Problem Report to have it solved...
Anyway, I already had a full debug log, but it is quite large (I enabled debug and rebooted, so I have the full debug from the beginning of a session, up to the subtitle's problem. It is like 100 KB worth of text. You will find it in https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByOqS9jB...sp=sharing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with accented characters in filenames0