Use Directv RF Remote.. Where to begin?
Ok, so I have a Directv RC65 Remote, which is capable of RF, and a USB PC Adapter for the Xbox 360 controller on my PC. So is it possible to program a directv remote to use RF with the USB adapter to control XBMC?

If so or, if you think its possible, where do i begin? I have eventghost, but i have no idea how to use it, would love to get this to work if it is in anyway possible so i dont add another remote.

IR is not an option, if im going to use the Directv remote is has to be able to respond to the USB adapter.

in case you dont know what adapter i mean, it is....
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-...B000HZFCT2

is there an eventghost plugin that will recognize the Directv remote, if so which?
1) For help with EventGhost, you should be asking for help on the EventGhost forum
2) You are likley going to get no help with such items that are totally unrelated to each other, and XBMC/EventGhost. You will need to do all the research yourself.

Things to note: 99.99% likely your remote is not compatible with the PC adapter, EG have nothing to do with your PC recognizing your remote or usb adapter, and likely no drivers for Windows that makes the usb adapter HID.

If you understood everything I just said then you know enough to do your own research (and likely waste a lot of time getting nowhere slowly), if you did not understand all of that 100% you don't know enough to make it work anyway - sorry, it is better to be honest then not. Just buy a remote that is known to work. They are like $15 or use a smartphone do it without IR.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
i have been doing research, have found people using IR with Directv remote to control XBMC successfully, trying to see if i can find someone who has actually been able to get their setup running with Directv remote in RF mode and what it takes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use Directv RF Remote.. Where to begin?0