A lot of videos from smb share on WHS show as 0kb
I set up a SMB share on my whs 2011 box. If I access the share on my laptop, I see all the files and they all play. In xbmc, I see all the file names, but over half of them are listed as 0kb in size, and do not play. Am I missing something?

Edit: Doesn't seem to be limited to xbmc on Linux. Tried in openelec, and on my iPad. Xbmc reports over half of my videos at 0kb on all platforms. Could a mod move this to a more appropriate forum? Thanks!
I just saw this myself - weird I was browsing the forums, noticed your post and thought I couldn't help. alt-tabbed to xbmc and noticed the same in file mode.

xbmc frodo from wsnipex ppa against a linux server running samba.

My wireless network is rather choked at the moment, I wonder if it is a temporary glitch on my part.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I think I found what's responsible for my smb share problems, but can't find a fix. I enabled an option in drive bender that allows me to browse the individual drives in the pool to test out my theory. It seems xbmc is only accessing one of the drives in the pool. The files that are showing as 0kb are on the other drive. I don't get it. I see everything in the folder when I view the share in windows explorer.
As a lot resort you could try sharing the files using NFS instead.
I use drivebender to pool my drives. Unfortunately, this doesn't work with NFS.
Just updated to openelec 2.99.4 and it all seems to work now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A lot of videos from smb share on WHS show as 0kb0