Samsung 5505 can't see media
Hey guys, I appreciate you taking a look:

I have a setup running XBMC on a ubuntu machine (not the xbmcubuntu).

I have added sources, and can see them under videos, but I don't understand how I can make sure they are at the "video library".

Here comes Screenshots of XBMC
http://postimage.org/gallery/jg5reuq/107ea888/

My TV is a UE46ES5505 samsung tv.
Using the Allshare play feature, not sure if there is an samsung app, or something else I can do from the TV to make it easier?
Hello AMetnik,

Are you sure that you have actually set the content type for your media and scanned it into the Library? To me it looks like you are taking screenshots of the file view, not a Library view.

Please se http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...d_scanning

Ensure that you use the context menu to set a content type for your folders, then scan them into the Library. You should be able to use the TV Shows/Movies section of XBMC instead of just files.

As for your statement of the "Allshare" play feature is that a samsung feature name? XBMC can share its library as UPnP, is allshare what samsung calls that?
How to provide a Kodi log - debug log (wiki)

HTPC SETUP: Zotac ZBOX-ID41-PLUS-U | Intel Atom D525 1.8 GHz Dual-Core | 2GB RAM | NVIDIA® ION™ (w/512MB DDR3 memory) | 128G Plextor M5P Series PX-128M5Pro 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC SSD
I have allshare on my samsung phone, it seems to be a proprietary service similar in concept to upnp/dlna but also seems to be tied to a samsung account which it asks me to log into ...

It has a nifty intro video on youtube.

Beyond that it is a mystery. I have no time for this proprietary rubbish. What happens if my next phone is an HTC?

I have upnp on my LG tv and as yet it won't replace an XBMC machine plugged into it. I liked in a recent forum threads looking for a new byline the one "XBMC: Smarter TV"
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@nickr That really has nothing to do with my thread.

@crlorentzen Thank you, you were right. Allshare is the program on the smartTV that lets me watch content from outside the TV, as in usb storage devices and upnp Smile
@AMetnik, I hope that response means that XBMC now has content in the Library and that it is being seen via UPnP. If so, I'm glad I could help.
How to provide a Kodi log - debug log (wiki)

HTPC SETUP: Zotac ZBOX-ID41-PLUS-U | Intel Atom D525 1.8 GHz Dual-Core | 2GB RAM | NVIDIA® ION™ (w/512MB DDR3 memory) | 128G Plextor M5P Series PX-128M5Pro 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC SSD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samsung 5505 can't see media0