Bug Cover flow
I'm not sure if that's a bug with Transparency! or my setup or Frodo, but after upgrading from Eden the cover flow view for music albums is behaving in a rather strange way. If there's less than 7 albums for 1 artists, covers that aren't focused are sometimes lost and replaced by the default music Icon. If I reset the view by changing the view type, that goes away for a few instances of the cover flow being brought back and then the covers are lost again.

I'm on gentoo, could be build specific, just need to know if it is showing up elsewhere.

I tried to reproduce under other skins such as Aeon Nox with their Showcase view type, but it works. It looked like the same effect not sure if it's the same code under the hood.

Any ideas?
i've been trying to reproduce this issue, but i couldn't.
of course this doesn't mean there isn't a bug somewhere someplace.

when things occasionally work, it usually is some kind of bug in xbmc
that is triggered by the skin under certain circumstances.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I see thanks for looking it up. I probably should try a fresh install with no previous userdata
Hi Ronie,

I am having a similar problem as the one Vokiel described. I am using icon view for displaying albums, and sometimes the album cover art is replaced by the default icon (see picture).

I also noticed that sometimes existing cdart is also replaced by the default icon.

Any idea on what's happening?

Regards,
Spider
nope...afraid i don't.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-03-03, 17:10)Spider_mp3 Wrote: Hi Ronie,

I am having a similar problem as the one Vokiel described. I am using icon view for displaying albums, and sometimes the album cover art is replaced by the default icon (see picture).

I also noticed that sometimes existing cdart is also replaced by the default icon.

Any idea on what's happening?

Regards,
Spider

My collection & the album thumbs on my setup reside on a drobo that I mount through CIFS in my fstab. Any resemblance to your setup?
Hi Vokiel,

my music collection (including thumbs and cdart) is located on another computer in my home network (cabled). The folder is shared with read and write permissions for Everyone. All computers are running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

The funny thing is that, on my old installation of XBMC (XBMC 10.1 +Transparency! 3.11.2) I didn't see this problem...

Regards,
Spider
Ok we both use remote files, that might be the issue with XBMC
Hi,

any news about the above mentioned problem (of not showing álbum cover in icon view)? I have installed XBMC 12.2, and the problem is still present. Any workaround?

Regards,
Spider
Hi Ronie!

I have the same issue and have played around a bit to test things out.

1. It happens with every artist having less than 9 albums. As soon as you add enough albums to an artist, it will work as intended. As soon as you remove enough albums from an artist, the bug will happen.

2. It doesn't happen, when you open any affected album view for the first time after starting XBMC or after changing the view type. But as soon as you go back and open the album view of the same artist or even a different affected artist again, the bug will happen. From then on, it will happen everytime you open an album view of an affected artist, until you either change the view type or restart XBMC.

3. (These numbers come from the "Icon"-view, since it's the only one, where I can actually select the redundant items):
    • If the artist has 4-8 albums, the album view shows 1 copy of each album (4-8 redundant items altogether), just with the default thumb.

• If the artist has 3 albums, the album view shows 2 copies of each album (6 redundant items altogether), just with the default thumb.

• If the artist has 2 albums, the album view shows 3 copies of each album (6 redundant items altogether), just with the default thumb.

• If the artist has 1 album, the album view shows 6 copies of this album (6 redundant items altogether), just with the default thumb.

4. It happens in the views "Wall", "Icon" and "Coverflow".
    • In "Wall"-view, the default covers are shown above, below and in line with the "real" albums. You can't select them. The focus will "jump" them and go the the next "real" album in line.

• In "Icon"-view, the default covers are shown in line with the "real" albums. Here you also can select and open them. When going back from an album opened this way, the focus is at the particular "real" album.

• In "Coverflow"-view, the default covers are shown in line with the "real" albums. You can't select them. The focus will "jump" them and go the the next "real" album in line.
  5. This doesn't happen with similarly styled views in other skins.

6. This didn't happen until XBMC 12.x and the according versions of Transparency.

Obviously something is trying to fill the album view with some extra items. The screens below also show x/3 pages while only having 6 "real" items. Maybe it has to do something with that? Trying to fill up pages?

It would be nice, if you could sort this out. Thanks in advance!

Specs: XBMC 12.2 Git:20130502-32b1a5e / Transparency! v5.0.9 running on a Win7-desktop connected via SMB to a QNap-NAS hosting the media files.

Screenshots:

"Wall"-view:

1. Initial view after starting XBMC or after changing the view type. No bug.

2. View after re-entering the album view. Focus on first album. Bug.

"Icon"-view:

2. View after re-entering the album view. Focus on default album. Bug.

"Coverflow"-view:

2. View after re-entering the album view. Focus on last album. Bug.

Just came to my mind an may as well be relevant:

I deactivated the "up"-item via the options and the "*all"-item via advancedsettings.xml. Will try with those two activated.

Edit: ok, tried this as well. With either one or both of these items activated, the bug does not occur anymore in the "Wall"-view and the "Icon"-view. It is still there in "Coverflow"-view though. Unfortunately this ain't a workaround for the first two views, since those two items are just about as ugly as the default covers Wink

Hope this helps in solving the issue.
no matter what i try, it's not reproducible for me.
i'm running a nightly built of xbmc, so maybe they've fixed this bug already...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cover flow0