TVDB Scraper failures
I can't get the tvdb scraper to pull the metadata for most of my TV shows. It's highly frustrating.

Let's look at a specific example: Perception.

From what I can tell (with no knowledge of the XBMC codebase), it appears to find, and parse the local media files correctly, makes the request for metadata, gets some XML back, then, for no apparent reason, says it didn't find anything. Odd.

It doesn't appear to be retrieving any episode numbers, if that's any indication of a problem; the XML is littered with "<epnum></epnum>".

Also, the most recent episode is incorrect, the XML in the log lists "Ch-ch-changes" as being in Season 1, when in fact, it is the premiere of Season 2. Source: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=248757&lid=7 (note that I do not actually have this episode locally).

Here's the log: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1285
My guess would be that you have Absolute order turned on in your scraper settings. That would explain why the season 2 episode is listed as season 1, and also why there are no epnums (because there's no absolute order listed for Perception).

Change the settings for your source folder. Highlight the source folder, bring up the context menu ('c' or right-mouse-click), select Change content, then Settings, and then turn off Use Absolute Ordering. Press OK on both dialogs to save the changes.

If you want to force a refresh of all your shows, first set the content to None (and remove the items from the library), and then change it back TV shows (but remember to change the settings.)
I also have a problem with this scraper.
I want to download the informations but in French and no matter what I tried, I always got the infos in english. I've also tried in spanish and other languages, the only ones I get are in english.
It's not a problem of naming the series or else, juste I can't have the "not english" versions of this informations.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB Scraper failures0