Bug Pictures only displaying briefly then black screen
Sad 
I'm having problems with the pictures section of XBMC Frodo running on Ubuntu 12.04.

Selecting a picture to view or pressing "play" for a slideshow results in a black screen and a very brief flash only of the picture when pressing "next". I'm not using any picture addons. The problem happens with my usual skin (aeon mq3) and confluence and persists after a reboot. It also continues even if I remove then re-add the pictures source. It did stop happening when I reinstalled XBMC for another reason, but now has recurred.

Any ideas?

Running XBMC 12.0 on Ubuntu 12.04, Intel i3 machine with integrated graphics.
Bizarrely, I realized that this problem only occurs with the remote or keyboard. Using the scroll wheel on the mouse works perfectly.
got the same problem, have you got the option vsync "always on" in video output settings ? setting it to "when video starts" solved my problem
Thanks @fxeon: struggling with the same issue and setting vsync to "when video starts" solves this issue.
With multiple users confirming thuis behaviour, i would suggest creating a track ticket..

BTW. Is this also on the nightlies?
Setting it to "Let driver decide" (with intel hardware) and restarting xbmc will also make it work again.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pictures only displaying briefly then black screen0