Win Still can't run latest GIT snapshot on XP (32 bit Pro)
Hi folks, I'm having trouble getting the XBMC MythTV PVR add-on working in WinXP. Googled that the problem was addressed in v1.6.8 of the cmyth plugin, so I followed this guide and successfully built v1.6.9 of the plugin on my laptop running Win7 x64 Home Ultimate. I transferred the new plugin to my HTPC running (32 bit) XP Pro SP3. However, on execution I ended up getting runtime error 126, similar to the error 127 I encountered with v1.6.6 and v.1.6.7 of the plugin:

Code:
13:57:52 T:1564   DEBUG: PVR::CPVRClients::RegisterClient - registering add-on 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client'
13:57:52 T:1564   DEBUG: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::Create - creating PVR add-on instance 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client'
13:57:52 T:1564   DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - MythTV cmyth PVR Client
13:57:52 T:1564   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\pvr.mythtv.cmyth\XBMC_MythTV_cmyth_win32.dll)
13:57:52 T:2624   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://disabled/xbmc.pvrclient)
13:57:52 T:2624   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [addons://disabled/xbmc.pvrclient]
13:57:52 T:1564   ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\pvr.mythtv.cmyth\XBMC_MythTV_cmyth_win32.dll with error 126:The specified module could not be found.
13:57:52 T:1564    INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '4' of clientName:MythTV cmyth PVR Client, clientID:pvr.mythtv.cmyth (same Thread=no)
13:57:52 T:1564 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on MythTV cmyth PVR Client, status = 6
13:57:52 T:1564 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on MythTV cmyth PVR Client, disabling it
13:57:52 T:3888  NOTICE: Thread CAddonStatusHandler:pvr.mythtv.cmyth start, auto delete: true

Code:
14:07:09 T:1232   DEBUG: PVR::CPVRClients::RegisterClient - registering add-on 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client'
14:07:09 T:1232   DEBUG: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::Create - creating PVR add-on instance 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client'
14:07:09 T:1232   DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - MythTV cmyth PVR Client
14:07:09 T:1232   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(C:\Documents and Settings\rlr\Application Data\XBMC\addons\pvr.mythtv.cmyth\XBMC_MythTV_cmyth_win32.dll)
14:07:09 T:1232   ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load C:\Documents and Settings\rlr\Application Data\XBMC\addons\pvr.mythtv.cmyth\XBMC_MythTV_cmyth_win32.dll with error 127:The specified procedure could not be found.
14:07:09 T:1232    INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '4' of clientName:MythTV cmyth PVR Client, clientID:pvr.mythtv.cmyth (same Thread=no)
14:07:09 T:1232 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on MythTV cmyth PVR Client, status = 6
14:07:09 T:1232 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on MythTV cmyth PVR Client, disabling it
14:07:09 T:3756  NOTICE: Thread CAddonStatusHandler:pvr.mythtv.cmyth start, auto delete: true

At this point I just need a push in the right direction. There seems to be a library incompatibility here but I'm not sure how to approach it. It will be very difficult to build this package natively on the XP system, so is it even feasible to build this for a different target on my Win7 system?

TIA for any help!
Try compiling on the target machine. Compiling for 32bit target on a 64bit machine will be difficult unless you have cross-compiling properly set up.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Currently there is no 64bit version of XBMC for windows. So building on your desktop should work, and that's how I tested it as well.
Please make sure that you select the "RELEASE" build configuration.

Also make sure you have the correct version of the MS VC++ redistributable package installed on your htpc.
But I think you should have that if you installed Frodo from the official installer and did not uncheck that part of the installation.

If you can't get it to work, download http://www.dependencywalker.com to your HTPC, run it on the addon dll, export a snapshot and upload it, then I'll have a look.
I also tried to compile the latest version of MythTV Plugin for XBMC with similar results. Version 1.7.10 I think.

I then compiled 1.6.8 and it works. Finally I can run XBMC with the MythTV PVR plugin on my XP computer.
you cannot run version 1.7.x on Frodo. it only runs on the latest builds from master. the PVR changed, so the add-on is no longer compatible.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Still can't run latest GIT snapshot on XP (32 bit Pro)1